ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Had a few parts installed and tuned at Mac Autosport yesterday:

Cusco rear sway bar, Perrin front sway bar with Perrin end links on both ends, Walboro 255L/hr fuel pump, Greddy boost controller, and Turbo Xcess utec.

Existing mods are VF34 turbo, STi catless up pipe, Bosal downpipe and exhaust, STi fuel injectors, Injen CAI, STi intercooler and STi fuel pump (removed for the Walboro).

The highest map is set for 20psi. We just filled it up with 100 octane last night and my fiance will be taking the car back to tune a 100 octane map. :)

Here's the dyno, the numbers are corrected though, so removing the correction factor the numbers are

244hp/249tq

Car feels really responsive and the handling has noticeable improved. :)

Any comments/suggestions are welcome. :)

And also, what kind of boost should I be running on the low/daily driving set map (what it'll be on most of the time)? The low map setting is set for 16psi. Is that too high for daily driving?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bubis said:
you got 244 at the wheels with a vf39?
VF34. Supposedly the numbers would be 305/312 at sea level, but I think that's a bit high.

Here's the 100 octane map, compared to the 91 octane high boost map:

Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
With some fuel tuning, you could pull even more power out of that. You still have some extra room to lean it out. Were they just doing baselines or actually tuning the car for you? If they were tuning, that fuel curve isn't exactly pretty....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
djrez4 said:
With some fuel tuning, you could pull even more power out of that. You still have some extra room to lean it out. Were they just doing baselines or actually tuning the car for you? If they were tuning, that fuel curve isn't exactly pretty....
With 100 octane I would tune for 11.6:1 - 11.9:1. Advance timing 2 degrees at a time to the 91 timing map.

There should be a much bigger increase in power between those two maps.

PM me if you want some tooning help

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
djrez4 said:
I beleive the curves arent that pretty because there is no smoothing on the graph. Usually a smoothing factor is applied to soften the curves. That would probably lower the horsepower figure a little too though. :(

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
WRX Harvey said:
I beleive the curves arent that pretty because there is no smoothing on the graph. Usually a smoothing factor is applied to soften the curves. That would probably lower the horsepower figure a little too though. :(
Perhaps, but between 4k and 6k, the A/F ratio is 10:1 or below. Smoothing or no, that's a bit low.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
~WRBlue'02 said:
I think I saw you on Broadway yesterday. I was the jack-hole in the white STi.
Ahahahaha, yeah that was us. My fiance (he posts as Motley) was driving.

We thought we were still talking when you launched on the green light.

We tried to slow down since we discovered you wanted to race. Alas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All I can say is wow... It kicked my a$$ after the rally today at that light. Sheesh, I had a really good jump, and held it through second, them WooooooooSSSSSSShhhhhhhh... You flew right by me HAHAHAHA. Thats sweet!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehe, you had the biggest ****-eating grin on your face. :)

Yeah, it pulls pretty hard. I didn't know you wanted to go (I was listening but didn't hear you rev) but I saw you take off and get on it after the green light so I floored the pedal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts