ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think MAC did a great job. Better than I expected. There has been some mention of possible detonation (that's knock right?). This has a knock sensor so I'll keep a close eye but I am extatic about the results. If you can't see the jpeg here are the numbers.

Max HP 225.82 @ 5400rpm
Max TQ 242.31 @ 3200rpm

:D :wiggles: :D :wiggles: :D :wiggles: :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS. Mod's are as follows:

AEM ram air intake
Greddy Profec B spec II
Apex S-AFCII

That's it. No UP, DP, cat back, fuel pump, etc., etc.

16.5psi boost stock turbo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rancid said:
afr?

uncorrected/corrected numbers?

what gear pulls?
Uncorrected. 3rd gear.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
wow ..that is awesome.......now another ecu management to think about...i wonder what numbers will be like w/dp/up/catback

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rancid said:
Why no 4th gear pulls? air fuel ratio maps?
They just ran 3rd gear to see the af map and then adjust the afc. They probably did 6 or 7 pulls. The last to see if it was consistent. I don't know why no 4th. Hell, I barely hit 4 in the 1/4 anyway. Well, that was before this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rancid said:
But 4th gear is the closest 1 to 1 ratio. Therefore, it would provide the most accurate horespower numbers.
You're killin' me man.

Seriously though, if you wanna debate what gear dyno's are pulled call MAC or make a post. Since everyone else's is done in 3rd then others may understand and make comparisons to their own numbers I think.

Otherwise. GET OFF MY BACK! jk

:p

·
Registered
481 Posts
According to that dyno readout those are corrected numbers, it says at the bottom SAE 1.27 which means that there is a 27% correction factor. So you are making 164 HP and 176 TQ uncorrected.

-Dan

P.S. I'm not trying to dog those results at all, in fact that's what, a 15 HP increase over stock I think?! Very impressive!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Congrats. That is a nice gain for what little mods you have. But yah I "think" that you do in fact have a corrected dyno plot there with a correction factor of 1.27, but I could be wrong. I mean that kind of power on a 98F day is nothing to scoff at.

One other thing I saw you mention that you said the car has a knock sensor. ANd while this is true I have heard from TXS, Vishnu and other tuners that the stock ECU basically does not listen to the knock sensor past ~5800rpm. I was tuned by COBB WAY back in 02 and on hot summer days my car would detonate after 6000rpm and not stop/correct unless I lifted my foot off of WOT.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I don't think there is anything wrong with tuning with a S-AFC. I just don't know if all WRX/S-AFC users are aware that not only are they altering their af curve but they are also indirectly altering their timing curve as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shucks, I'm moving to sea level.

Oh well, I thought I asked them and they said uncorrected. I misunderstood something. I was begining to wonder. Anyway, 15hp extra at the wheels is OK by me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EDIT: Just wanted to add that I don't think there is anything wrong with tuning with a S-AFC. I just don't know if all WRX/S-AFC users are aware that not only are they altering their af curve but they are also indirectly altering their timing curve as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

As long as it works.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WRXturboAWD said:
According to that dyno readout those are corrected numbers, it says at the bottom SAE 1.27 which means that there is a 27% correction factor. So you are making 164 HP and 176 TQ uncorrected.

I'm not a math Major but 225.82/1.27 = 177.81hp and 242.31/1.27 = 190.79tq so if your saying stock hp is 149 at altitude then that would be a "29" hp increase. Check that. 177.81x1.27 = 225.82hp corrected. Right or wrong? :confused:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I thought that if it was 1.27 it meant that there was a 27% correction, so I did 225 x .27 = 60, so 225 - 60 = 165.

That's how I thought it was done. Maybe I'm the one whose wrong, I never was a math whiz ;)

-Dan

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Also, here is a thread that shows Dan making 176 hp 205 tq uncorrected with just intake and mbc. No safc.

Also 16.5 in 3rd gear is pushing the stock turbo way too hard. Will probably spike to 17-17.5 in 4th and you will have knock on the highway.

Not trying to be a party pooper, but 11:1 afr + 91 octane + turbo that's out of it's efficiency range and blowing hot air could lead to trouble

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WRXturboAWD said:
I thought that if it was 1.27 it meant that there was a 27% correction, so I did 225 x .27 = 60, so 225 - 60 = 165.

That's how I thought it was done. Maybe I'm the one whose wrong, I never was a math whiz ;)

-Dan
MadWRX's numbers:

Corrected (SAE: 1.23) - 319.40 hp / 308.03 torque

Uncorrected - 259.67 hp / 250.43 torque

Best -

Corrected (SAE 1.24) - 328.16 hp / 325.62 torque

Uncorrected - 265.26 hp / 263.21 torque

Based on his corrected vs. uncorrected numbers my calculations are correct.

Also, I would rarely go WOT in 4th so I guess the boost is safe. Last night I was pushing her pretty hard in the mountains and hit fuel cut. I turned down the boost a couple notches and it was fine but turned it back up for city driving.

So needless to say I am still pretty happy with the numbers. The car feels and runs very good. I'll watch it though in those taller gears and higher rpm's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts