Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I can book a Dyno Day, will anyone come?

Post here. PMs are too hard to follow and my box fills up fast.

This is a good chance to meet club members, fiddle with your car, have others fiddle with your car, and, maybe even learn something! Think of all the friends you'll make over at I-Club when you post Dyno results after you just installed your frindle snirps! :rolleyes:

Tuning brings out the best in your car! Unleash those Ponies!!!!!

:D :D :D

misterx

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
Dyno day is definitely worth it

I highly recommend doing one if you get the chance :)
well worth the money and you could even turn it into a clubwrx meet / bbq/ cool way to see what yer scooby really puts down at the wheels....
When i did the Ct dyno meet (i-club) we got approx 20-30 peeps and even got a group buy rate on the dyno :) save a few bucks ;)

Andy...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the bump Andy! I'm surprised nobody jumped on this. It could be a party!

misterx

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
If I didn't live so damn far away I would go for the hangout!

·
1,377 Posts
What day(s) are you looking at doing this? It's hard to commit to something that isn't scheduled. Try coming up with a few possible dates (ask Curry's what days they can dedicate to a large group) and see what interest there is.

I would go, but having a bone stock WRX doesn't make for much fun on the dyno. I might show up for the heck of it if it turns out to be a big meet. But don't put me down for using the dyno.

But for those of you who have some mods, it's a great idea to get it dyno'ed to see what power your actually getting out of every mod you do to your car and see if the $$ you put down on each item is worth the gains. :D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'd be up for it, if I get my car back from the body shop by the dyno day. Should be back in 2 weeks, crossing fingers, toes, eyes, everything I can possibly cross. Also a weekend would be best for me.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't propose a date yet. I just wanted to see if there was enough interest to even ask Curry's if they would consider it. So far, there doesn't seem to be much interest. I'll go ahead and see what the guys at Currys say. If they are receptive, I'll post a date and hope for a positive response from the Club.

misterx

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you don't mind including i-clubbers im sure we can get enough people to make this worth while. i-club had one a couple of months ago and im sure there are people who would like to see what any additional mods have done.

I'm interested...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I'm concerned, anyone can come. Hell, I wouldn't care if Jim Nelson were to attend.

And we all know what kind of trouble that could lead to. ;)

misterx

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
MisterX aka Russ,
you have donuts (dunkin or krispy creme) and Coffee ;)
and i'll be there too :)

Andy...

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
Trailboss (Josh) thanks for the Krispy Creme plug :)

SobeWRX,
attached is the dyno results :)
VF23 ported and polished, Prodrive ECU, HKS EVC 4 (set at 16lbs boost), Apexi SAFC, Supra twin turbo fuel pump, Unorthodox racing underdrive pulley,
Samco induction hose....
Andy...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts