Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading a post the other day and someone said that there is a restrictor that didn't allow you to dump the clutch on the 03s and 04s. I was wondering if any knows how to disengage this.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
you cant. supoosedly there is a restictor in the hydralic clutch line. Im with piker though, why would you disengage that?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
don't dumping the clutch is the worst thing to do to your car, might as well take a baseball bat to it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was thinking about getting one of the sti 6 speed trannys so i was gonna have fun with this one while i can. but if i was gonna keep this one i wasn't gonna do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dropping the clutch hurts more than just the transmission. Its putting the most strain on your tranny, but it is also twisting your axle's and your differentials pretty hard. Dont think that you should abuse your car just because its going to be replaced with a new part. I myself care too much for my car to hurt it even if i knew i was going to be fixing it with newer parts.

"I figure some day im gonna buy dentures so i might as well just chew on a box of nails now"

·
Registered
595 Posts
Whats this about not being able to dump the clutch?? Why do i hear everyone on other threads talking about why they shouldnt just dump the clutch (stress on all sorts of stuff)? You guys are saying its not possible! Im sooo confused...I wish i wasnt a n00b!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
doniguan said:
"I figure some day im gonna buy dentures so i might as well just chew on a box of nails now"
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Spectre186 said:
Whats this about not being able to dump the clutch?? Why do i hear everyone on other threads talking about why they shouldnt just dump the clutch (stress on all sorts of stuff)? You guys are saying its not possible! Im sooo confused...I wish i wasnt a n00b!
Its possible to dump the clutch, just HIGHLY not recomended.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
BoostedBoxer said:
Its possible to dump the clutch, just HIGHLY not recomended.
on 03s for that i know if the clutch is dumped it compensates for it so there isn't the old dump and peel. not sure in the 04s probably the same too

·
Registered
113 Posts
the theory on dumping the clutch is that you get tire spin to take the stress off the tranny. The problem is... which is more sticky... your gears or your tires on that particular day. Want to bet a few grand on it?

I'd rather slip it I guess :p

·
Registered
421 Posts
ur sure there is a restriction on the 2003 models...i am pretty sure i have dumped the clutch before , when its wet out and my foot slips of the clutch...

ITS NOT A COOL SOUND...i pulled over and cried:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
There is a restricter on 03-04

But, It will not restrict enough to save your tranny!

All the "restricter" is, is a bleeddown for the hydrolic cyl.

But you can still dump the clutch it just slows (not much:eek: ) the clutch/flywheel from instantly joining and reeking havoc on the driveline....(Yea, RIGHT...Bulsht!).

Sorta like a quick clutch slip.

Seems to me though if S.O.A is gonna turn everyone down for abuse as is more often than not,.....

Then what the hell did they even bother puttin the restricter on there for?

Hell, Thier gonna loose money fixin blown trannies:rolleyes:

Shotgun

G

·
Erm...i have a 03 wrx and this is what happens if u do a clutch dump...

Your racing your buddy whos beating you slightly...so u rev hard to 6500 and in your rush you quickly shift and try to go from 2nd to 3rd gear...you dump your clutch...but you feel your clutch pedal jus stick there and rattle not ever engaging...OMG I BROKE MY CAR!!!...............no sir...the car stopped you from breaking your car kthxu...

You cant dump your clutch...u can slip it but the rpm will drop to about 3500 before the clutch would engage (3500 i think)...

anyways..long story short...u cant really shift at 6000rpm...u have to wait for the rpm to drop if u want to do that....first gear clutch dump....no idea why you want to do that unless you are a profesional dragger that wants .0001 seconds off their time? :confused:

okay kiddies...have fun dumping your clutches causing all types of problems your parents can pay for! :D

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
skvfx said:
okay kiddies...have fun dumping your clutches causing all types of problems your parents can pay for! :D
The last time my parents paid for something for me (other than a Christmas/birthday present), I think it was in the 1980's.:)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
skvfx said:
Erm...i have a 03 wrx and this is what happens if u do a clutch dump...

Your racing your buddy whos beating you slightly...so u rev hard to 6500 and in your rush you quickly shift and try to go from 2nd to 3rd gear...you dump your clutch...but you feel your clutch pedal jus stick there and rattle not ever engaging...OMG I BROKE MY CAR!!!...............no sir...the car stopped you from breaking your car kthxu...

You cant dump your clutch...u can slip it but the rpm will drop to about 3500 before the clutch would engage (3500 i think)...

anyways..long story short...u cant really shift at 6000rpm...u have to wait for the rpm to drop if u want to do that....first gear clutch dump....no idea why you want to do that unless you are a profesional dragger that wants .0001 seconds off their time? :confused:

I dont know what S.O.A did to get your clutch to "Stick There" ?

But I know mine will dump (03 WRX) and bang the sht outta the rear diff and driveline............Hmmm?

Shotgun

G

·
RayfieldsWRX said:
The last time my parents paid for something for me (other than a Christmas/birthday present), I think it was in the 1980's.:)
i wouldn't think you would be dumb enuff to dump the clutch...thusly the message being directed towards the "kiddies" ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm not trying to get into anything, especially another "young drivers" debate, but shut the h*ll up. You brought the age thing out of no where. I'm 19, car comes out of my money, I drive safe and I'm sure a lot better than you do. So get off the age thing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts