ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I just recently dumped my piece of crap Dodge Nitro, affectionately (Just kidding! We hated that clam.) referred to in our household as the "Notro" or "Nacho", for a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. My buddy owns a dealership up here in NH, so I went to him and got set up for a good price. After driving it for almost 600 miles, it is both awesome and frustrating by turn.

Stuff I like about it: Damn near everything.

Stuff that kinda pisses me off: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.

Ugly stock rims that look like they came off a Toyota Corolla.

Stuff that REALLY pisses me off: That stock stereo is pure crap. Crap. Unmitigated. It needs to go.

That stupid agreement that you have to "OK" before the NAV unit will let you do anything. It's irritating.

I'm really miffed that the NAV equipped WRX doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity. In 2008? C'mon.

Other than those issues, I really like it. And they aren't issues, just personal preferences. I really love this car, and after driving it, my Wife wants to replace her Jeep with a Subaru of some kind. If you guys have any solutions for the Stereo or NAV agreement, or how to make my interior lights come on when I open the door, I'd love some solutions. The Bluetooth thing is a $200 dealer option. Eff that noise.

ETA) Almost forgot a pic! Inexcusable!

2012-02-04_11-46-12_56.jpg

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Welcome. My friend has a nitro.. He wants to set it on fire but doesn't want to go to jail for insurance fraud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, that thing was the worst purchase of my life. The depreciation on it was epic. Did your friend have the, "Completely lose power on the highway" problem, yet? Say what you will about that dog, it was an adventure to own it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ah no side shot? I wanted to see what the rims looked like on that 08. Congratz on the purchase.

Unfortunately I have no idea on how to fix the issues your having.. I just like pictures of WRX's / STI's :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
08-10wheels are hideous. buy new

The nav.. Well dumb... Stereo.. Replace speakers..

Blue tooth? Not til 2011.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Nav: do you have a phone capable of Nav? Use that instead!
Stereo/Bluetooth: you can get aftermarket head units for pretty cheaper that will fix both of these, sort of. Many aftermarket units now have Bluetooth capability, and for a while the extra wattage of an aftermarket unit may make your speakers sound better than they do stock. May (I'm new to these cars too, in fact don't even have mine yet so this is just from past experience, so I don't know the stereo's weak point yet). And even then, you'll want to replace the speakers eventually as they won't last that long with extra power going through them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
even aftermarket headunits have the nag screen, atleast my alpine does. replacing the headuit will make the system sound better too, you may not need new speakers. get a headunit with bluetooth to take care of that issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The dome light in the middle of the cabin i would assume has 3 options on it on/off/door. Well at least my 03 does the 2 in the front don't turn on when the door opens but thats meh. never been inside of an 08 i would think most cars are manufactured like that put it on door for it to turn on when you open the door. congrats on the buy dude welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Stuff that kinda pisses me off: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.
Like scoobaru03 said... there's an option to have the lights turn on when you open the door. If they don't... the bulb's probably out.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
ArmaNotSoLite;2852371.[B said:
Stuff that kinda pisses me off[/B]: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.
Did you try setting the switch to the middle position?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
It wasn't obvious enough that myself and the post before me said it? ;-)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
There must be a time delay from Thundera

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts