ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm currently the proud owner of a pretty solid 08 non-STi, and don't really have any complaints with it. Its stage II, and runs great, but i drove a friend's 05 protuned on E85 stage II STi last night and well...it was amazing to me. I don't know how much more insurance would be on the STi, but i turn 25 in 2 months, and figure that would help out a little, but should i just keep the WRX and wait to get an STi until i can better afford it and get a newer, less miles car? I am still probably just coming off the high of driving the car last night. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
I still drive my 2002.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Also keep in mind, the 08+ are more 'refined' while the older WRX/STI are more 'raw'...you might be liking the 'raw' quality more than the 'STi' itself.... Not that STis aren't impressive, but when comparing an 05 STi to a 08 WRX you have to realize there is a lot more than the general STi goodies different here.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Stick with what you have.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also keep in mind, the 08+ are more 'refined' while the older WRX/STI are more 'raw'...you might be liking the 'raw' quality more than the 'STi' itself.... Not that STis aren't impressive, but when comparing an 05 STi to a 08 WRX you have to realize there is a lot more than the general STi goodies different here.
what other differences, other than the obvious?

You "need" it?
haha, yes. the quotations are necessary for this

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
A stage 2 protuned on E85 is far from stock feeling STi, your stage 2 Wrx will feel much like a refined stock STi. The Stock STi over your car will just feel raw with the 6speed and harsh suspension.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A stage 2 protuned on E85 is far from stock feeling STi, your stage 2 Wrx will feel much like a refined stock STi. The Stock STi over your car will just feel raw with the 6speed and harsh suspension.
yeah his dyno numbers are pretty impressive IMO...something like 342 whp on E85. (obviously a little more than my poor little wrx makes) I guess i just need some more stickers so that my car looks faster :rotfl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts