ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions -

1) How often should I change out my filter. I usually do about every 10,000 miles

2) I am going to get a K&N drop in filter, how hard is it to get to the filter and where is the best place to get them aside from K&N themselves. Okay that was 3 questions, but who's counting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I ordered mine from a general parts store like autozone. I wouldn't pay more than $40-$45 new. You may be able to find one used here on the forums cheaper. Real easy to get to. Follow the instructions included. I have an 06 and tried to just lift the lid of the airbox and drop it in. it didn't seat or seal properly. I ended up just pulling the airbox out like the instructions say, dropped the filter in, and sealed the airbox. Dropped the complete assembled airbox back in. Takes maybe 10-15 minutes.

As for changing filters, most hold it up to light to see if light passes through. Depends on where you live, more dusty conditions will require more cleaning/replacing of any filter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a K&N only used it for a few thousand miles if that, still have original box and cleaner if you want 30 shipped with cleaning kit.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Stick with your stock paper filter and continue to change it every 10k miles. The oiled filters won't give you any increase in power, they let more garbage past them, and the oil can cause MAF issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts