ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a lot of driving in the mountains and with winter coming, will be in darkness on most of my drives. I am thinking about getting some better driving lights to replace my factory fog lights and wondered what you guys thougth were the best for my situation. It is a mix of straight roads and twisting mountain roads. I am unsure if I should get the farthest distance lights or opt for a more even spread on the pattern. If anyone can let me know what you have and what you like or don't like about them, I would really appreciate it. I did a search and couldn't find any info on what type of patterns the different brands had and what might be better suited to my situation...

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a set of PIAA's on my 240SX and they were AMAZING.. They were the fairly small version too, lens maybe 1" high by 2" or so wide. The amount that they lit up the road was incredible.. I could see SO much more @ night with them.. They didn't go quite as far out as my headlights did, but they lit up everything besides very distant things really well, to the point that I could drive with only those on if I wanted to.

Pretty much any reputable aftermarket driving lights will knock the socks off of an OEM type, and I'm sure that either Hella or PIAA would not disappoint.

One thing to check into would be how much replacement bulbs cost, because they can be expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts