Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a shill for my favorite driving accessory--Bionic driving gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/Bionic-Drivi...5504774&sr=8-1&keywords=bionic+driving+gloves

I have been using them for several years, on my 4th pair. With daily use they last about a year before they start wearing through. They definitely increase the grip on the wheel and give you more of a feeling of control over the steering. I am so used to them, I almost can't drive without them. I looked at several brands, but this is the most ergonomic, and not too expensive.

They aren't really cold weather gloves, but will do fine once the car is warmed up. In hot weather they are great--no more sweaty palms on the wheel, so no leather wear. The size is a bit small, FYI--I have normal hands and get a Large. They will stretch a bit with use.

Plus they look super cool...

Anybody else a fan of driving gloves?

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do people really wear those?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Only the cool drivers...

LOL

Seriously, get a pair (of gloves) and I promise you won't drive without them, even to the local supermarket.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I have a pair as a joke my buddy got me when I got my BMW. Nothing compares to bare hands and bare feet while driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
133 Posts
Driving gloves help with metal shift knobs in South Louisiana. I know when I had my 350Z roadster (black on black), you needed a pair to handle the controls in the summer time.

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
They made sense for wooden steering wheels. With modern wheels, just an aesthetic choice.

· Registered
436 Posts
It's really not. If you are one who gets sweaty palms, they make a considerable difference. Same goes for people who suffer from very dry hands.

I never gave them a second thought until a few years ago when I was Dexter for halloween. I borrowed my stepdads driving gloves, and just for kicks, wore them on the way to the party. Ended up buying a pair the next day.

I don't use them for daily driving, but they are nice for long trips or any spirited driving. They give you a tactile advantage, allowing for a lighter yet more solid grip on the wheel.

· Banned
473 Posts
If you do track days, you need them. Wearing them occasionally while driving to get used to them is a good idea, mostly i just wear them in winter. And keep them on while driving. Mine are basic lambskin gloves. Slowly wearing out, but i enjoy them. -don't wear them daily in summer though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.