Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much power is lost from the engine to the wheel on the WRX? Ive seen sites that calm 190whp stock and others that say 164whp stock. Im not sure of this.

On vishnus website they claim their stage 2 package givs you 340bhp but only 240whp? How could there be a 100hp loss in the drivetrain? AWD cant eat that much, can it?

Also on TurboXS' website they claim 365 bhp with stage 4 but their wheel dyno says it only produces 268whp. Can there really be this much of a loss??
Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Yep. That's about right. If you look around you'll see that even 2wd vehicles suffer from quite a bit of loss through the drivetrain. AWD is worse, but it's not like if you lose 60hp w/ AWD you'd only lose 10 with 2wd. More like 40hp or more.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know with more power you need to replace the clutch and flywheel which i plan to do anyway but would these help get more power to the ground. i plan on putting in a lightened flywheel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.