ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm an idiot, I bought my car with 4 of the same tires on it and the fronts were wearing a lot worse than the rear. I've got a friend that works at a junkyard and hooked me up with 2 tires i couldn't refuse so i put them on the front and about 5k later I'm realizing what i did. The tires are all 205 65's but the fronts are a different brand and are an inch smaller in circumference than the rear. I've been planning on getting 4 new winter tires in the next month or so will I be fine to drive the car how it is or should I get the snows asap? What kind of damage could it do?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,222 Posts
Ok so I'm an idiot, I bought my car with 4 of the same tires on it and the fronts were wearing a lot worse than the rear. I've got a friend that works at a junkyard and hooked me up with 2 tires i couldn't refuse so i put them on the front and about 5k later I'm realizing what i did. The tires are all 205 65's but the fronts are a different brand and are an inch smaller in circumference than the rear. I've been planning on getting 4 new winter tires in the next month or so will I be fine to drive the car how it is or should I get the snows asap? What kind of damage could it do?
Only you can tell us if this is fine, and only in retrospect. The idea is to keep circumferences equal within a tolerance dictated in the owner's manual in order to avoid differential damage. See owner's manual. Personally I'd get four correct identical tyres.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Personally I'd get four correct identical tyres.
Yup...lots of tire shops will shave as well if you want to go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts