Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done installing my greddy catback + txs catback adapter... and I have dripping water at the DP to Catback adapter flange. Does that indicate a leak??

Once I get a definate answer on this, I'll delete the thread.

TIA,

Ryan :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
i had the same leak/still do sometimes. first when i first installed the TXS stealthback, it was dripping a lot. now it never does. i don't get it, but it fine now. ONCE in a while, i catch a little water inder my car, but that's VERY rare.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are you sure it's not comming from the A/C Compressor? When I forget to turn off the A/C and let the car idle (due to TT) water builds up under the car.

-alex

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I had the same problem with my TurboXS Stealthback exhaust. It leaked condensation throught the gasket between the downpipe and the cat. The gasket was very porous and would leak water through itself. So I placed high temp silicone sealant on both sides of the gasket and tightened up the joint. Let the sealant sit all night for curing, and it has never leaked since.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, the symptoms are identical to yours. It's leaking right now, but after trying 4 different times of losening then re-tightening the flange/bolts/etc I gave up. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.

I know it's not from the A/C because it wasn't on, and it was coming from the DP-Catback adapter pipe flange ;)

Vids and a review to come tomorrow :) (look for a seperate thread)

For some viewing pleasure, before tomorrow, here's some pics of the two exhausts next to each other.

My old setup was the TXS stealthback + prodrive muffler. I ran the stock muffler for a couple weeks while I was waiting for the new setup to arrive. The new setup consists of my old TXS DP + TXS Catback adapter + Greddy EVO catback ...

Sound is deeper, louder than stock, but not by much. I like it better than my Prodrive setup :)

Difference between race pipe and catback adapter pipe(race pipe is on top):

For those stealthback owners:: WHICH pieces are stock, and which ones came with the stealthback? (i'm selling it, so I need to know which ones to include)::

·
Registered
635 Posts
you could put a grapefruit in that thing!!:D or at least a very large egg. nice piece ryan

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RexMobbin' said:
you could put a grapefruit in that thing!!:D or at least a very large egg. nice piece ryan
It actually doesn't look that bad. I'll take pics of the car and some vids tomorrow (while it's light outside).

The install took me about 1.5 hrs + 2.5hrs to try and fix the "leak"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts