ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of some people drilling out or cutting of the cap to their injectors to make them 750's or 850's. Does anyone have any insight on this whole theory?? What size drill bit do you use? or do you cut off the cap? If anyone has done this or thought about doing this, please give me some advice! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ehh don't do it. There is no way for you to do it and have it work the way it needs to. = poor tune = blown motor.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I remember reading about this years ago. Perhaps it works after a fashion, but it seems to me that the injector was engineered with the right shape and component to flow a certain way. Taking a drill bit to it in the garage seems a little odd.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Buy a set of flowmatched ones instead. It's not that much money, and you can have peace of mind that one injector isn't outflowing all the others

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
48,699 Posts
buy deatschwerks ones
You got me curious; it's been 2 years and I'm starting to forget details about my hybrid. I looked it up, and I have the Power Enterprise 650's.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
You got me curious; it's been 2 years and I'm starting to forget details about my hybrid. I looked it up, and I have the Power Enterprise 650's.
I have a set of PE800s but we couldnt tune them quite right...so I scrapped those and went with DW850s.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I remember reading about this years ago. Perhaps it works after a fashion, but it seems to me that the injector was engineered with the right shape and component to flow a certain way. Taking a drill bit to it in the garage seems a little odd.
TRUTH

·
48,699 Posts
TD06-18G

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
48,699 Posts
I asked the question when my builder spec'd them, and was assured that the combo would work well. I probably have the data from IDC's at home, but I've long since forgotten. I sure hope I don't have to pay them time and a half for 2 years work.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Buy proper injectors. I know a local guy who claims to be an awesome tuner and all the kids in the area think he's god but he said he popped the caps and successfully tuned someones car by doing this. Really I just dropped my head and walked away from him. There is a reason there is a spray pattern. They may flow 850cc's but it doesn't really mean it's going to really perform well. They are very erratic. I'm sure this person will end up with a screwed up engine shortly.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I have witnessed people doing this with Carb jets on CR250Rs, YZs 4 strokes.. what have you and they never turn out well.. Just as stated above injectors have a spray pattern and that will be completely ruined.. If you search youtube for an old commercial.. I think it was prestone selling an injection cleaning kit it shows a good spray pattern on a "clean" injector and a bad spray pattern on a "dirty" injector.. That looks just like a modded injector would look.. Drops of fuel instead of atomized fuel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts