ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say i had a GOAL to hit boost at 3,000 rpms. what would this take?
i have a 07 sti and im ready for my build.. Help?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
protune, catless exhaust, p&p header and turbo, replace all intake side piping with less restrictive pieces(perrin, samco, etc)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
protune, catless exhaust, p&p header and turbo, replace all intake side piping with less restrictive pieces(perrin, samco, etc)

would cams help at all?? i found some cosworth avcs type, with 260 intake and 260 exhaust..

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
beats me

would cams help at all?? i found some cosworth avcs type, with 260 intake and 260 exhaust..
Depends on the design, that's a question best asked to Cosworth. I've looked at the page for the cams, and they just say they are designed to maximize power across the rev range - kinda generic sounding to me. I suppose they might help, but from a dollar to performance ratio - they don't seem like an obvious choice.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Full intake, Full exhaust, and a tune.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
you really think thats all i would need to do??
Headers, TBE, Turbo inlet, RAI, and a good tune on a VF39 should do it, if not it will be real close to it.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Nothing.The car can already do that.Do you mean "max boost" maybe?Sounds like your asking what do you need to do to hit positive pressure(1 psi) by 3000rpms.Also what gear are you talking about?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts