ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the noob question, but I have a helix up/dn pipe and some loud exhaust (i forget witch one). Is it possible to put back on my factory axle back exhaust?

·
Registered
397 Posts
How can you not know what is on your car?

It depends on which exhaust you have. I know that the stock axleback won't mate with the nur spec. You just gotta get out in your driveway and find out for yourself.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a helix up/dn pipe. My rents are complaining i am way too loud. So without spending anymore money I wanted to know if I could put back on my stock axle back and still utilize my dn pipe. Their was no need for flaming.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't know if it will fit bacuase there is diffrent sizes on exhaust. JDM vs USDM. Mine is a EDM don't know how this compares to the other..

But if it fit you will still have lots of power over the stock exhaust as most of the resistance are in the cat.

If you get you car in the air it should be easy to see if they fit or not.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have that combo as well, with the stock exhaust. It fits just fine, just like it was made to. Bolt that sucker back on.

Josh

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure about exact numbers, but its noticeable both in power and spool time. I would guess somwhere between 10-20 hp gain for just the catless uppipe and downpipe. Think I have seen people say that its a 30hp gain with a full turbo back and upipe, and it will be especially noticeable with some kind of engine management. Regardless, it'll put you well on your way towards an even sicker car. Oh, and when you put the things on, make sure you get all the parts, to include :

-A full gasket set including gaskets for both ends of the downppipe and uppipe.
- Bolts for the turbo end of the Upipe. We got most of the way through the install and realized we needed bolts for the uppipe, not a fun time.
-An o2 sensor socket is useful but not necessary
-Lots of WD40, epsecially if you car has some miles on it.
-The CEL fixes would be good to get as well, though they aren't necessary

I would also reccomend that if you are doing it yourself, you get at least one person who has done an Uppipe. The tutorials are great, but there is nothin better then having someone who knows what they are doing there. I did mine earlier this week, and if I didn't have some people to help I woulda been in trouble. I will say that, if not for any other reason then the sound, I am looking forward to getting a catback too....and a long list of other things. Well good luck with the install.

Josh

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
SteelCity_WRX said:
Sorry for the noob question, but I have a helix up/dn pipe and some loud exhaust (i forget witch one). Is it possible to put back on my factory axle back exhaust?
do you want to put on your stock cat back, or axle back ?

you may run into issues with the flat flange on teh helix (am i correct?) and the donut style flange on the stocker if you go cat back.

definately buy a new donut gasket regardless from your local dealer before you do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts