Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I just got done installing my MRT uppipe, its an awsome addition to my wrx. My bro has a RSX on NOS and i blew him away. Anyways im considering putting a downpipe in now, is it worth the money? Do i get any big gains out of it? (HP TQ) If so witch brand should i go with?
Thanks for the advice

·
1,263 Posts
I love my TurboXS downpipe (you can fit your fist in the top end of it!! HUGE!). It reduces the back pressure on the turbo immensely. do a search - there is plenty of other discussion on this.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
[shameless plug]Check out our vendor forum for awesome deals on TXS exhuast.[/shameless plug]

Seriously, it's the best there is. <--Check out my avatar.

-Jim

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone seen the new bosal piece? It looks great. Bad part is it keeps the 3rd cat the midpipe. Anyone know if a stromung midpipe(or other) will work with the bosal piece and the factory back box?

VV

·
Registered
70 Posts
does the bosal downpipe fit to the stock exhuast?
my plans for my car are k'n filter,intercooler hoes, uppipe, downpipe, and a unichip maped to mods. How much power could I expect from this set up?
oh and if the bosal downpipe doesn't fit to stock exhuast, what dp would?

later
Tim

·
Registered
208 Posts
VetteVert said:
Anyone seen the new bosal piece? It looks great. Bad part is it keeps the 3rd cat the midpipe. Anyone know if a stromung midpipe(or other) will work with the bosal piece and the factory back box?

VV
I don't see how being able to bolt up to the stock 3rd cat pipe is a bad thing, this allows lots of flexibility in your setup. It allows those of us who wish to keep the 3rd cat in place much like the Scoobysport DP. If by bad you mean, less bang for your buck because it doesn't replace the 3rd cat, then you're correct but the extra cost is probably eaten up in the extra time it takes to fab the wastegate pipe.
As it looks to be the same length as the stock DP and bolts to the standard front mid-pipe, it should bolt right up to the Stromung piece. I've been toying around with the idea of trying this DP since I got my 3rd cat eliminator. It's like pulling teeth trying to find a Scoobysport DP on the cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.