Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses what downpipe?

I like the Stromung. Price and quality influence me in this regard. It bolts to the stock system and the remaining components can be done in little "bits" as the wallet allows.

What say you?

By the way, I have the Godspeed uppipe. Don't ask about the install. But sometime soon we need to start a thread about places (and products) to stay away from.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Do you mean that the godspeed uppipe is a bad product? or the place that installed it messed up or what? By the way, Ill be gettin a vishnu downpipe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Turbo XS makes a nice down pipe. You can get their stealth back, which basically is their down pipe, your choice of either a high flow cat or test pipe and a mid pipe and this would mate to your stock axle back. This system can be had for $570 shipped from quite a few vendors.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Godspeed uppipe is fine.

It was my experience with the installer I'm referring to.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm going with the Godspeed USDM downpipe. It's the cell fix and the good experience that I had with his uppipe that convinced me to stick with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
All8up said:
Turbo XS makes a nice down pipe. You can get their stealth back, which basically is their down pipe, your choice of either a high flow cat or test pipe and a mid pipe and this would mate to your stock axle back. This system can be had for $570 shipped from quite a few vendors.
$570 shipped? :eek:

The best i have seen was $624 from Mach V. I haven't seen it that cheap here and i-club. Where did you see it that cheap?

·
Registered
24 Posts
How much hp is a catless downpipe good for at the wheels (approx, of course)? Plus I know that the Godspeed weighs half as much as the stock downpipe/midpipe set up.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Let me get something sraight...If you get a catless up pipe and downpipe, can you still pass emissions with the one cat left in the mid pipe:confused:???

·
Registered
198 Posts
Need4Boost said:

$570 shipped? :eek:

The best i have seen was $624 from Mach V. I haven't seen it that cheap here and i-club. Where did you see it that cheap?

I am no way affiliated with this retailer, but here's the contact info:
RVMRacing.com
[email protected]
and yes, this is who I purchased my system through

·
Registered
383 Posts
And you received the product OK? This guy has poor feedback on ebay....I was going to buy an HPMBC before checking out his feedback.

VV

All8up said:

I am no way affiliated with this retailer, but here's the contact info:
RVMRacing.com
[email protected]
and yes, this is who I purchased my system through

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just ordered the system on Monday, I'll let you know if I have any difficulties. Your comment about his rating on Ebay does have me concerned. Fortuantely, he and I are both verified on paypal, so if worse comes to worse, I will be able to get my $ back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
All8up said:
I just ordered the system on Monday, I'll let you know if I have any difficulties. Your comment about his rating on Ebay does have me concerned. Fortuantely, he and I are both verified on paypal, so if worse comes to worse, I will be able to get my $ back.
Sorry to hijack this thread but pleaes keep us posted on how the transaction goes with this vendor. I figure if it goes well, some of us in this thread might benefit from this great price. :)

·
2,210 Posts
WRXin' said:
Let me get something sraight...If you get a catless up pipe and downpipe, can you still pass emissions with the one cat left in the mid pipe:confused:???
I don't think anybody really knows the answer to that question yet, since few people if any have yet had to go through emissions testing with an '02 WRX.

-Pace

·
Registered
15 Posts
WRXin' said:
It might pass the sniff test, but it will definetely fail upon visual inspection. Unless your state doesn't require some sort of visual inspection, there has to be pre cats/cats in the original location. See if you can find a little birdie to let you in on some "friendly" SMOG stations. tee hee

Originally posted by All8up

Fortuantely, he and I are both verified on paypal, so if worse comes to worse, I will be able to get my $ back.
I hope so, I've known of people that have been screwed over by a seller, and both paypal and eBay wouldn't do a damn thing. Pay with a credit card, and if worse comes to worse, you'll have a good chance at having the credit card company taking off that transaction. Just make sure you do it within 90 days. :D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
pace said:

I don't think anybody really knows the answer to that question yet, since few people if any have yet had to go through emissions testing with an '02 WRX.

-Pace
Hmmm...you make a really good point there Pace. I hadn't thought of that. What about warranty wise: will it void it at all? I know I'm full of questions, but I just want to know everything:). You know what I'm saying.

Fahd

·
Registered
383 Posts
Need4Boost said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but pleaes keep us posted on how the transaction goes with this vendor. I figure if it goes well, some of us in this thread might benefit from this great price. :)

VV

1 - 20 of 20 Posts