·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Not sure if troll....but yes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Troll? No? What would happen if I didn't tune it? And would I need to get a pro tune or something..

By the way I have a 2011 wrx

·
8,921 Posts
Troll? No? What would happen if I didn't tune it? And would I need to get a pro tune or something..

By the way I have a 2011 wrx
You would lead your car to a slow, agonizing death. Protune is the best option if available. Access Port is the next. And getting a tactrix cable and downloading an internet tune is the cheapest. Just depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
DP = Stage 2. Yes, you must tune for it. Best case: CEL. Worst case: blown motor.

·
8,921 Posts
DP = Stage 2. Yes, you must tune for it. Best case: CEL. Worst case: blown motor.
He may not even throw a CEL...I didn't throw a CEL when I put my DP on and drove for a few days until my tuner could get me in. He was surprised when he didn't see a CEL and even asked if I had reset the ECU. You'll be fine as long as you don't romp on it. OP do not take that as, "oh he said he was fine." I will take your car away and put you in timeout.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I'd think he'd at least get the CEL for the cat insufficiency.

·
8,921 Posts
I'd think he'd at least get the CEL for the cat insufficiency.
Maybe...no way to tell what would happen unless he does it.

Alright, um what about an intake? would I need tune for that too?
This is the question of the century. Some people say yes, others say no. Best option, don't get one until you need one. The stock airbox isn't that restrictive so unless you really want the intake sound, save your money.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have the money to get a stage 2 tune, I have the money to get an intake though, I'd be getting an AEM or K&N, for around $250, but if I have to tune it, then I'm not going to get it, because i don't have the money for a tune.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I don't have the money to get a stage 2 tune, I have the money to get an intake though, I'd be getting an AEM or K&N, for around $250, but if I have to tune it, then I'm not going to get it, because i don't have the money for a tune.
Then don't get it because you will have to tune for the intake.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
8,921 Posts
I hate to be Debbie Downer,but the BOV is a bad idea.
I'm going to say they are great ideas and have their place, but it's not on a stock 2011 WRX.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
You need to do this in the right order, especially if spending a large sum of money in one shot is not an option.
1) Stage 1 tune: Tactrix + OpenSource (i.e. Torque Performance) -OR- AP (Cobb)
2) Downpipe or TBE + Stage 2 tune
3) Intake + Stage "2+" tune

1 - 20 of 39 Posts