ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 wrx stage 2 all cobb.... anyway, after the downpipe was installed i hear this whistle after i accel and let off the gas? no leaks i lifted the car and used soap bubbles...... possible wastegate? suggestions thanks

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Bypass valve?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
no it doesnt really sound like the turbo
That was kind of a joke. With my rex the turbo "whistle" is suddenly very noticeable when I let off the gas and the exhaust is quiet. Are you sure that it only makes the noise when you let off? An exhaust leak would probably be noticeable all the time. My best guess is something with the bpv system.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Probably just hearing it for the first time because of the thinner unshielded DP, not necessarily an issue.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definately not an exhaust leak...... i had one and i fixed it..... probly is my turbo whistling though. i dont mind the sound just dont know what it is..... maybe ill post a vid or somethin.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
It could very well be a little thing referred to as wastegate flutter. It's a wonderful free addition to upgrading your exhaust system, specifically your DP. Enjoy it. :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Exhaust leak. I had the same problem in my car for a while. It sounded preety cool for a while.... that is until I fixed it. Does it sound like one of those spinning fireworks. or like some really angry snoke. I am almost positive you have an exhaust leak were the DP meats the turbo. I would by a new gasket and try again. :)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help..... Do you think a protune would solve wastegate flutter?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE A OK? I really do love the sounds of stage 2 totally hot. vroom psssssht whistle hehehe

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Its not wastegate flutter if it happens when you lift off.

I still say BPV. Ever hear a BOV? Does it sound faintly like that but very quiet?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It doesnt sound like a bypass valve but it could be? why would putting a downpipe on make it louder?

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts