ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching on here all day for an aftermarket catted downpipe recommendation and I keep reading about Helix, but I can't find a website for them. I'm guessing they've long been out of business.

My former coworker has a 2012 WRX with a downpipe exhaust leak. He's looking at an Invidia, but it's kinda pricey for his budget. And the DC Sports are apparently crazy loud. Can anyone recommend a catted downpipe that won't cause CELs?

·
11,611 Posts
So I've been searching on here all day for an aftermarket catted downpipe recommendation and I keep reading about Helix, but I can't find a website for them. I'm guessing they've long been out of business.

My former coworker has a 2012 WRX with a downpipe exhaust leak. He's looking at an Invidia, but it's kinda pricey for his budget. And the DC Sports are apparently crazy loud. Can anyone recommend a catted downpipe that won't cause CELs?
Dc sports is total garbage. The flanges are not flat and the fit is ever so slightly wrong.

I'd save tons of money and just replace the gaskets.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Figure out where the leak is coming from. Like XJ said, it could just be the gaskets. Is the downpipe already aftermarket, like I'm assuming, or is it OEM?

Your chances of ordering a new Invidia DP online right now are slim, anyway. Everything is backordered. If the DP is damaged beyond repair, maybe look into buying a quality used Cobb or Invidia downpipe online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figure out where the leak is coming from. Like XJ said, it could just be the gaskets. Is the downpipe already aftermarket, like I'm assuming, or is it OEM?

Your chances of ordering a new Invidia DP online right now are slim, anyway. Everything is backordered. If the DP is damaged beyond repair, maybe look into buying a quality used Cobb or Invidia downpipe online.
It’s a hairline crack somewhere near the upper part of the pipe. You can feel the vacuum leak when you open the hood abs rev the engine.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is his current downpipe stock? If not and it's cracked, that's a prime example of why he needs to be looking at spending an extra couple hundred bucks instead of buying cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the crack was a pretty long one on his upper joint pipe near the turbo. It was OEM but the previous owner probably threw it on there from a salvaged wrx. My coworker bought an OEM replacement for $350.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts