ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I currently have an HKS 3" DP, and exhaust, but Ive been doing some reading, and everything Ive read has said that my non-bellmouth dp is no good. Would a COBB or Invidia dp fit onto my HKS 3"? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
i could be wrong, but i think for the most part any 3" DP will mount to a 3" catback.

There are "shorty" downpipes (ie, TurboXS) that will not mate up to a catback without an additional mid pipe. Then there are long downpipes that basically include the midpipe as part of the downpipe. So, no.. not every brand will mate to any other.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
No problem.. when I started out with my TurboXS exhaust back in 2002 I was under the impression all turbo back exhausts were four parts, downpipe, midpipe, catback, and axleback.. not always the case though. At one point I had a turbo back exhaust that was one piece, from the downpipe all the way to the muffler.. man, that was a PITA to deal with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, you learn something new every day i guess! Do you guys think a COBB would mate with my HKS? And what power effects do you think it will have (by that I mean a positive or negative effect)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Get an Invidia V2. It should mate up no problem. You may see a few more horses and maybe quicker spool but it won't be a huge difference, especially without retuning

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
morgan46 said:
haha, you learn something new every day i guess! Do you guys think a COBB would mate with my HKS? And what power effects do you think it will have (by that I mean a positive or negative effect)
The HKS shouldn't be too big of a restriction for you on the TD04 @ StageII. You wont feel much of a difference even with a custom tune, but definitely not with a base map or no tune...

My advice is to leave it be until you do a turbo swap, then worry about it. You're going to find that replacing and selling it is more effort than it's worth.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You really think so? But doesnt the non-bell actually hurt the turbo? And i am going to get my car tuned, I just need to scrape together some extra cash.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
if you had a bigger turbo it would be worrisome but as said not really a big deal with the TD04. However, if your going to get tuned it wouldn't hurt to find a bell mouth. Invidia v2's can be had for $150 used

1 - 13 of 13 Posts