ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching forever on a downpipe for an 07 WRX wagon. I've finally narrowed it down to 2 downpipes. I'm kind of shaky on both. One is the COBB 3" bellmouth downpipe and the other is the TXS Downpipe with Catback adaptor. I'm shaky on the COBB because of the price, I imagine it is a very good downpipe, but a little expensive for my taste. Then on Subarustore.com i found the TXS downpipe with catback adaptor for $488. Now this dosn't include any of the midpipes or anything and i was wondering if there would be a fit issue or a flow issue.

Both of these are still options but I want to know what downpipes you are running, what you think of my choices, and what the best options are.

:)Thanks:)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The Cobb and TXS DPs are very good and quality, hence the price.

Cobb will connect to the stock Catback exhaust because it tapers to 2.5inches at the back (which could cause fitment or exhaust leak issues when/if you plan on upgrading your full exhaust system to a 3inch diameter).

Downpipes however all basically do the same thing: they allow for tons better exhaust flow over the restrictive stockers (removes a couple cats, smoother piping, etc).

I am running an Invidia V3 Bellmouth/divorced wastegate downpipe (catless), and I love it! Only paid $265 brand new...

Many people like the Cobb, Invidia, TXS, Helix, ERZ (ebay), Perrin, etc...

So much out there, its a tough choice:rotfl:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do downpipes void the factory warranty? do TBEs?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Twigman503 said:
If Subaru can attribute a warranty claim to a modification, they can deny coverage. I had a catless DP on my car, and it threw a CEL. I took it to the Subaru dealership, and they charged me $40 to tell me what it was and to override it. A DP/TBE can cause them to deny coverage if your turbo blows up (boost creep), but if your A/C dies, they can't.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
If you have a downpipe on they can easily deny all of your powertrain warranty. They cant deny so a windsheild wiper motor because you have a downpipe.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol that makes sense.....why didnt i think of that? thanks a lot for your help =D ill call and check...just to see what they have to say.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Twigman503 said:
lol that makes sense.....why didnt i think of that? thanks a lot for your help =D ill call and check...just to see what they have to say.
Some dealerships are more mod-friendly than others - I believe there's a section here that discusses dealerships (and I'm sure this would be one thing discussed) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts