ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple hundred bucks to spend...Right now on my sti i removed the silencer box and i have a tanabe cat-back exhaust.
Im trying to decide between adding a downpipe or the just getting the k&n typhoon. Im sure the DP will add more HP, but im not a mechanic and i dont want a whole bunch of problems with my car either. What do you guys think i should get?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was kinda leaning that way, but being the fact that im far from a mechanic, I was a little concerned about throwing a CEL or boost creep.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Downpipe. Porting wastegate should be an easy job for a shop to do if you don't want to, same for downpipe. Though having put a downpipe in and had problems, I think you can do it...if I can, anyone can.

RN

·
Registered
472 Posts
Down pipe is for sure easy to install! All you need is a little common sense.

I don't think I would like to port the WG on the turbo. I have heard you need a bigger flapper...

Horsepowerfreaks quoted me 400$ to port the turbo & install a bigger flapper. Some people say you can do it without the bigger flapper but, you can REALLY mess things up if you go too big on the port.

·
Registered
181 Posts
coil2sti25 said:
if you have exhaust and add downpipe w/ STI you will boost creep.
Thats a big negative there ghostrider! I've got the TurboXS stealthback (High flow Cat), to the Stromung duel tip. And have 0, yes, 0, Boost Creep!

If you run Catless your going to for sure have Boost Creep.

My 2cents

·
Registered
188 Posts
I vote for the Godspeed downpipe also. It fits fine and you get no CELs. I even passed PA emissions with it. The power is definitely there too (see sig).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've heard rumors that the 05 does not creep as easily due to being a p18 housing now? Also I've heard different downpipes will yield different results...ie. a perrin dp with the divorced wastegate will not creep as easily as a bellmouth design. I have no experience with any of this..just hearsay...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts