ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i just got my uppipe but now im already wondering what im going to get next lol

i have a couple questions

Should i get downpipe or catback first?
Benefit to getting one over other?
Downpipes i understand are turbo to catback , they include cats/catless but what are bellmouths and divorced wastegates?
How come cobb downpipe and catback are so F***ing expensive compared to everything else?

Thank you very much for answering my questions :)

dont get mad get glad

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
cat back (cbe) is just noise.. personally right now I'd go with a good downpipe (catted) and a tune. What tuning interface you choose is up to you (ap or open source/tractix).

Bell mouth has the wastegate opening and turbine opening dumping into the same chamber, where the divorced wg downpipes have a separate pipe for the wastegate opening that dumps back into the main pipe a foot or so away from the turbo. I've not seen any data saying that one or the other is better.. however there are also hybrids like the Invidia dp's that have a devider welded inside the bellmouth. This is what I have and it works quite nicely. Again.. no hard data for one vs the other. Opening up that restriction helps power gain however you look at it. Even with a factory cbe.. it'll provide a nice gain in power with the right tune.

Cobb is expensive because their stuff fits perfect on the first try, no bs'n around. Its top quality stuff and sounds quite nice. Its not very loud, but to me and probably most of the older guys tone is everything. Loudness just attracts the cops and kills your hearing. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
The catback makes no difference. You will have to remove the stock DP to install the UP, so I would do both at the same time. That will set you up for a stage II map, which will make a big difference. Bellmouth or DWG will make no real difference. Just don't get the turboxs with the flat plate there.

Cobb has a sound reputation and you will pay for it. I'd recommend MadDad. They use good quality cats and the fit and finish is perfect. Also try Invidia.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/134325261-first-modifications-what-do-not-do.html

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
hahaha.. ninja mode :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooo Thank you 2 for responding it made me decide to get a downpipe and possibly install them at the same time.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
You're better off installing both at same time, have to pull the factory dp anyway.. so why not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts