ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed godspeed downpipe yesterday. Everything went smooth except for two things.
1st, Somebody installed the O2 sensor cross threaded on the stock pipe, so the O2 sensor is not connected at the moment, and the hole is temporarily blocked off with a ball of aluminum foil.
2nd, I don't know if I got a bad batch but the d/p is too long. My catback is now rubbing on the left underbody and the rear hanger bracket is contacting the rear swaybar, Making some horrible noise. Anybody with a godspeed d/p have this issue? Also, is it safe to drive around with the O2 sensor not connected? Untill i can get a new one from subaru.
I emailed god already, just seeing if anybody else had the rubbing problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
its safe to drive without the o2 sensor connected. you should get a CEL though. i don't know anything about your brand of DP. i've had a bosal and now have a helix- they both fit fine. well, the bosal was a perfect fit, the helix took a little bit of work.

i wouldn't buy a o2 sensor from SOA. you'll pay way too much. there should be plenty of o2 sensors available from people on the board. i'm sure you'll save over $100.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye, got a CEL.
I ordered a O2 sensor already, it's in transit. Paid like 120 bucks. I should have checked the board sooner. Oh well.
I spoke to god earlier today and he mentioned if I had taken the u/p bracket off or not. He said this should give me a little more play. Anybody know where this bracket is? If that don't fix this I'm gonna get the d/p shortened by about half an inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts