Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you replace the downpipe and a high flow cat to your stock exhaust. has anyone out there done this? will it produce more hp or just more problems. concerned with noise. saw this option on a web page caller fastwrx.com
thanks chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you can.

We just installed a turbo xs 4 inch downpipe to 3 inch mid section w/cat to a stock muffler. Very quiet. Definite sleeper look with slap back spool up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much hp did it increase. do you think that a lot of hp is lost due to having the stock exhaust? do you think that this setup will cause problems later on?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is what I'm ordering: Perin catless Uppipe & a Stromung catless Downpipe. This will leave 1 stock cat in place on the midpipe, the stock resinator, and the stock muffler. This setup should have very impresive gains/$$$ ratio without all the noise. I'm guessing this will still throw a CEL light, but I'm still researching this issue. I don't see any problems from this setup.

You can order the Stromung 3rd cat elminatior to bolt on/off for racing days, and offroad use for another $150.00.

IMO replacing the muffler is going to cost you $300-$600 without any worthwhile gains and mostly increasing the noise levels. Most of the mufflers looks cheasy unless you have rims, body kit, etc. IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.