Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow finally i will install my up and downpipes.
My uppipe from Scooby Sport didnt come with the studs,,and Dan from Godspeed sold them to me separately.
Should i Solder the studs to the uppipe?or just torque them very tight?
Shoud i Leave the Turbo Brackets or not???
Anyone have pics of theose turbo brackets cause i never saw a pic of them so i know for sure whats not going in again.
Thanks
Tuca
:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just torqued the studs in the uppipe and so far I have no leaks I dont think soldering is nessessary.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So are you also putting in a chip, ore are you just replacing the pipes alone. If just pipes, what do you think will be the Hp difference?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Tuca, IIRC you have a european WRX, therefore no cat in the uppipe, right? i may be wrong, but if i'm right, you should return the aftermarket one and get your cash back

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have a European or Japanese models.
But for all the WRX,,there is a cat in the uppipe.
I searched this and after a lot of search i found out all the WRX have the Cat,only the STI and the Japanese WRX with AVCS dont have that cat.
In my manual it explains the exhaust and lists 3 catalists,,one of them in the uppipe.
And i Have a UTEC installed and i have a SBC-ID too.
Look my WRX :D HERE
Thanks for the help.
Tuca:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my WRX cause it already comes with seats from the STI and those nice parts as 17" stock wheels,different steering wheel ,4 POT STI brakes,Sunroof,ETC.
All from the factory:cool:
Tuca

·
Registered
635 Posts
nice radio man. you take some tweaky ass pictures:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to ask.
I have a EGT and AF gauges but i am thinking of only installing them afterwards.
Where to place the EGT bung??in the drivers or passengers side manifold???
If its in the drivers side manifold i will weld it later as i wont have to take the drivers side manifold apart for the uppipe install.
Am i correct?
thanks
tuca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts