ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Subaru wrx. Not sti :(.. Anyways I was wondering about the TBE and removing my catted uppipe if there is any relation.
If I were to set up a TBE is that my downpipe or up/dp or neither? I'm really new to the car world but have at least 5+ hours in the past 2 days researching my new beauty. Any tips it suggestions will be awesome.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
The TBE is turbo back. Not the up pipe so you will need to add an up pipe which is also very recommended.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Serj67 said:
I alrdy have an uppipe but it has a cat converter.
Which should be gutted or replaced by a catless version.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for that picture it helped understand a lot. The middle pipe with the cat the down pipe with the cat and the up pipe should be replaced without it I'm assuming?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also with it gutted do you think it would pass California smog test? Sorry I'm asking so much im just too damn obsessed with my wrx

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Yes you have an up pipe, but the original equipment has a cat. You need to remove that and replace it with one that doesn't. If you replace it with an 04+STi up pipe or an 06+ WRX up pipe the CARB wouldn't know the difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome thank you guys so much. I know what my paychecks are going to now :)

And torque I know after reading your posts that wrx's are not as good as sti's lmao!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Its not that they are not as good, it just depends on what you want out of it. A WRX is perfect except for when someone buys one with the intention to make it into an STi...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts