ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks so bad. I got a new nasty ding in the car today.

The WRX is not a large, wide car, but I seem to be collecting door dings at a rate one a month. And with our thin paint, they are too easy to see. (Thank goodness I got a free tube of touch up from the saleman...)

I guess I have to start parking in never-never land or maybe I'll just kick the FUC out of the cars parked next to me for spite.

I bet its these old geezers in Florida with their over-sized Cadys and Buicks. Damn I hate this state.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i hear you. I havent noticed any yet on my car, but when i had my old car i noticed them quite alot... it makes me angry. Then i did start to notice my door before i would leave, and notice new marks from new cars when i got back, so i would ding the shiz outta there car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
sorry to hear that...

but yeah you have to park out in no mans land if you dont want ne dings. I get paranoid between the shopping carts and automobiles. No one respects people property anymore and two door cars are the worst because the doors are bigger. My car is almost 2yrs old and ding free but it is garaged alot since i drive a company truck and has only 8900 miles on her. good luck and the paint is bad i got a few rock dings in grill and hood but that is it luckily.

chris

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been lucky so far but I tend to look for end spots to reduce the possibility of contact. If that doesn't work in the back forty.

I never park next to Buicks, Caddys or Lincolns (Geezer Mobiles) or anything that could possilby be a soccer-mom mobile. Kids around here are the worst.

I take great pains to make sure that my doors don't contact the next vehicle. It's common courtesy that apparently isn't all that common anymore.

Steve

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
No dings yet, after 2 years and 3 months. A certain amount of luck involved, plus I park in the middle of nowhere. It's a source of amusement to the wife.:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ever since I got my car my friends insisted that I park away from others and take two spots.

One day I decided to park up close to the mall.

Guess what....

I came back and there is a sharp ding in my rear passenger side door.

Some fool pushed their door open into my door to make a dent that shape and size.

After that I always stay away from others. :mad:

·
Registered
647 Posts
^^ i would be pissed as hell if someone did that to me. I would try and find out who did it, and be a decetive and then do unto there car as they did onto mine :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts