ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
• A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
• 384 megabytes of memory.
• Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
• An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.
If your existing rig doesn't meet these specs, here's a guide to beefing it up to play Doom 3 in all its gory glory.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistor.../weekly/2690450

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
that's not too bad from what i've gathered out of the game and what i've read. the 2gb for doom seems like much, but not that bad really. i'm actually suprised they are only recommending 384mb ram rather then 512mb.

game is supposed to go retail on august 3rd. can't wait myself. this is actually one of the three games that made me choose the system I did, which I am oddly enough getting on august 1st, hopefully.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
F*ck, august 3rd? :mad:

TOO MANY GAMES TO PLAY

Right now I'm playin
-Colin McRae 04
-Rallispec Challege 2
-MVP Baseball

Games I will be playing
-NFL 2k (IGN rated this a 9.4 and its only $20)
-Doom 3
-Madden 2205'

This blows, I'm going to have to quit my job to support my gaming needs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
well im screwed, all i got is a celeron 900 and 192 megs of RAM and only a GeForce 2

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
joethesajin said:
well im screwed, all i got is a celeron 900 and 192 megs of RAM and only a GeForce 2
you could build a rig that's at least 8x as fast for under $500, imo. just as a fyi, not saying you should.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Snowvert said:
i'm actually suprised they are only recommending 384mb ram rather then 512mb.
Those were minimum stats. I would never play a game unless it was an rpg, with just minimum stats... Better to wait until you can afford to upgrade your rig and by that time the game will be cheaper...

-snowcat

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
snowcat said:
Those were minimum stats. I would never play a game unless it was an rpg, with just minimum stats... Better to wait until you can afford to upgrade your rig and by that time the game will be cheaper...

-snowcat
ah, makes sense then. didn't see that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i got p4 2.4 ghz, 512 (soon to be 1 gb) ddr ram, geforce 4 ti 4200 w/ 128 mb
so im hoping it will play good on mine. Im waiting for the radeon 9800 pro 256 mb video card to get cheaper.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got teh Doomage now, and my specs are: p4 2.8 ghz, 512 ram, and GeForceFx 5700 Ultra. I'm running the game on LOW graphics settings, 800x600, Verticle Sync, and 2x AA. Anything more and it starts getting choppy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got it on the 4th. Defiently a scary game. My system is 2.4ghz P4, 512mb DDR pc3200 and a GeForce FX 5200 128mb. The only thing lacking is the video card. i am running 800x600 on medium settings (should run low though) and its pretty smooth but not where I want it to be. I am about to get a 9800 pro or XT.

Oh and I used this tweak. It works REALLY well and helps the game's smoothness out ALOT. I recomend it to all.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topic.asp?fid=5733&tid=1438663&p=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts