Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will doing donuts on a rain slicked vacant parking lot do damage to the WRX? Normally I never do this sort of thing as it is kind of childish, and I would be embarrased to get caught....

I was driving 20-30mph in the slick, empty parking lot, pulled the handbrake, and applied gas. I did 1 or 2 360s. I didn't know how donuts might effect all the AWD components. Didn't want to do anymore as I wasn't sure if it was ok for the car....

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well, the effects of using the emergency brake to break the rear end loose have been discussed in depth on this board. The general consensus was that it can be quite nasty on the rear differential. I won't be doing it in my car, I can tell you that much.

·
2,210 Posts
Lightsped said:
Will doing donuts on a rain slicked vacant parking lot do damage to the WRX? Normally I never do this sort of thing as it is kind of childish, and I would be embarrased to get caught....

I was driving 20-30mph in the slick, empty parking lot, pulled the handbrake, and applied gas. I did 1 or 2 360s. I didn't know how donuts might effect all the AWD components. Didn't want to do anymore as I wasn't sure if it was ok for the car....
Pulling the handbrake while in motion is definitely a no-no for the center differential on this vehicle, and doing donuts is probably not going to help with overall drivetrain longevity. It is unlikely that you damaged anything, but you might think twice before doing it again.

-Pace

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Wait for the snow. Or I guess the ice in Georgia.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bustin axle spins looks aweasome! With 4wheels it looks like your car is revolving around a pole! With rear-wheel i think it looks sloppy compared to a 4wd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.