Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday guys n gals , Just blew factory turbo in 2010 wrx hatch. not sure what previous mods were done to the vehicle except cat back and maybe a tune as it went ok. What would you recommend as a turbo upgrade. About to use in a Targa rally but just need reliable and relatively quick response more then big power. (save the engine rebuilds etc for when i get serious. cheers

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Honestly without you wanting to rebuild your engine, and to keep it relatively safe, I would either replace it with another stock vf52, or no bigger than an 18g. If you upgrade from the stock vf52 to something slightly larger like the 18g mentioned, you will need to do injectors and fuel pump with a pro tune at the minimum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly without you wanting to rebuild your engine, and to keep it relatively safe, I would either replace it with another stock vf52, or no bigger than an 18g. If you upgrade from the stock vf52 to something slightly larger like the 18g mentioned, you will need to do injectors and fuel pump with a pro tune at the minimum.
Thankyou for your advice.much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts