ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need your ok for this....my sedan is lowered with Tein H-techs right now and I'm getting some wheels...specs for my potential new wheels are

18x7.5 with 45 offset

most likely the wheels will be 225/40/18, however, I'd like to do 225/45/18 (more cushion, a little bit less mileage on the odometer, and less wheel gap, but less wheel gap may mean increased chance of rubbing, right?) if it doesn't cost too much more than the 40s :D

Clearance will be ok, right? 45 offset with 40 series tires won't rub for sure, right? If so, how about 45 series tires? Yes, I've searched and I get all sorts of answers, some say at least 47 offset...but would like a "Good-to-go" from you guys/gals :) ...thanks for any input!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
29 views and no comments??? I know some of you are pretty knowledgable or at least have experience with this mod...:D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Go with the 40's on 18" wheels. I currently have 17" Rota Torques with 235 40/17's and I had some rub until I had my rear camber adjusted.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, I think it would be ok to run a 45 offset with 18's with your drop. I run 18's with 45 offset and a 45 profile, but I'm lowered on Prodrive springs. I have quite a bit of room to play with though. I think you would be fine if you ran a 40 profile tire.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VF22WRX said:
Yes, I think it would be ok to run a 45 offset with 18's with your drop. I run 18's with 45 offset and a 45 profile, but I'm lowered on Prodrive springs. I have quite a bit of room to play with though. I think you would be fine if you ran a 40 profile tire.

What tires did you get with 45 profile on 18's?...not many company makes 225/45/18....i'd really like to get them for the reasons mentioned earlier...

The Tein H-techs don't lower the car that much, but u know how aftermarket springs sag with passengers, (especially with rear passengers :rolleyes: )...

So i'm pretty safe going with 225/40/18 then....

anyone else lowered with 225/40 or 45 series with rubbing issues?

·
Registered
69 Posts
y0 Sean I'm runnin pretty much the same setup. NO rubbing at all..even with a full load. So yea it should be fine running with +45 and your drop.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My mistake, I have Dunlop FM901 225/40/ZR18, I thought that I had a 45 profile :confused: BTW a 40 profile seems to have a decent enough sidewall to protect your rims. I would start to worry with a 35 profile.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slickwrxz said:
y0 Sean I'm runnin pretty much the same setup. NO rubbing at all..even with a full load. So yea it should be fine running with +45 and your drop.
You might just have saved my day!!!:D ..thanks for your reply!
and your ride my friend....is just beautiful! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts