Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the receiver below. After installing it, I got a bad rattle. So I re-checked everything and everything was tight. It still rattled. So I slid the exhaust around on the hangars and still it rattled. Then I took off the license plate to see if it was the plate or the cover, nope. Then I bent the heat shields away from the mufflers, but it still rattled. Then I removed the heat shields. Yup, it rattled. Then while putting the heat shields back on, I noticed a little adjustment in the hitch, so I tried moving it a little, but it rattled. Finally, I found it. The corner of the muffler hangar, slides the muffler towards the back of the car until it gets close to the hitch and then when it shakes, it shakes enough for the corner of the hangar to tap the receiver. So I had to take it all apart a third time and cut notches in the receiver to give the muffler hangars relief from hitting the receiver. Just a poor design and poor Q&A on Curt's part. This product should never had been released. Ridiculous. :end rant:. :mad:

CURT Receiver Hitches
Class I Square Tube Hitch - Exposed
2017 Subaru WRX
(All WRX models)
Part #: 11408

·
Registered
22 Posts
I feel your pain. I went with a TorkLift EcoHitch on mine. Nothing hanging below the bumper, receiver hidden behind knockout plate, no rattles. Spendy, but worth it.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Pretty sure neither car is rated to tow anything and I would avoid this option all together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts