ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got about 82K on my original clutch, and although I don't generally beat on it I'm thinking no matter how nice I am to it a clutch replacement is in my near future. I'm not equipped to do the work myself. Heck I don't think i could even get the car up high enough to drop the tranny.

so...what clutch to go with? I'm going to eventually have a Cobb stage 3 setup - around 350 HP.

I'm not a drag racer. if anything I will be involved in rally type driving and of course most of it will be commuting to work. I'd ideally like something that's as light or lighter than the OEM clutch, A LOT less bouncey (i'm talking about the infamous WRX clutch bounce, not the driver induced one), and capable of holding about 350-375 HP.

I'm also going to get a 16 LB flywheel (that seems to be the right balance between rev improvement, harmonic dampening, and drivability) so I don't want something that's going to be TOO grabby, or I'll be constandly stalling. I'll most liketly be doing a lot of clutch slipping to preserve the tranny, so I'd like something with a nice feel, and easy engagement considering the lighter flywheel.

I've also seen references to sprun vs. unsprung clutches??? i don't even know what that means so if someone can give me a quick primer that would be really great.

so....what brand/model clutch and flywheel would you tranny guys recommend?

oh yeah, if my tranny ever DOES go, I'm looking at either an MRT rebuild kit or a JDM 2.0L STi 6MT.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Try posting somewhere other than on the 4eat forum. This is just not a topic (manual transmissions and their clutches) we deal with on our cars.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D'OH!!!

sorry....must have clicked the wrong link. somebody please move this to the appropriate forum:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts