ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chalak Gen 2 Box finally arrived. Need to put the 3-4 Steel shift fork in still. Also got the CLutchmasters Stage 4 clutch and an Exedy Flywheel. Picked up a WRX LSD rear diff to accomodate the new final drive ratio of the new gearbox. Should be going into the car soon. The car is going into the body shop next week to repair the hail damage it suffered a few months ago- initial estimate was about $4k- I expect about $6k when done. The entire car will be repainted WRB again. I also picked up a limited edition STI Version 6 RA Gauge cluster with 8k RPM redline center tach. To make that redline a reality I picked up TWE valve springs and retainers.

As some of you know I am currently in Iraq. It's not bad here, just boring. I miss the car. My buddy will be installing the new parts for me while I am away during the next several months. I hope to get the car on a dyno in a few months and work out some of the tuning issues. Last July the car ran a 12.44 @ 107. Issues included: No LSD, spinning tires through 1st gear- and that was without using launch control. Ultra short 4.11 Final drive ratio and short gears. The new dogbox will let me do 42 in 1st instead of 30. The short gears also caused me to have to shift into 5th gear at the end of the quarter mile. The Exedy street clutch burnt up on 30 PSI. It was slipping badly at the track. Tuning- we had to flat shift the car to get it to run well. The car was dumping too much fuel in during shifts and backfiring badly. Average AFR was around 10.3:1. The car still needs more timing thrown in too. Remember- I was able to hit 30 PSI on 91 Octane. That tells me I didn't have enough timing in it. :)

Only time will tell what the car will run with all the new mods. I'm hoping to drop at least another second for starters- with more mods coming soon. Look for the fast RS near you soon :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Good to hear that thing finally got un-lost. You might want to think about a heavier clutch. My clutchmasters stage 4 was looking pretty sad after awhile and only holding 20lbs. You'll definately have to keep me posted on how that TWE valvetrain works out for you. I was debating either snatching up a set of V7 heads or doing the shim on bucket conversion. But if just the springs/retainers holds up to 8k fairly reliably I might re-consider.

So who's thinking you'll break 12.2 on the same turbo?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Rally Blue Pearl, not World Rally Blue.

Nick C.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dammit. I meant RBP. I knew it looked weird when i typed it. There I go lookin like a n00b. :) Well, anyone wanna buy a clutchmasters stage 4 slightly used? About 500 breakin miles on it? This is the sprung version too apparantly it was about a $700 clutch. I'll let it go for like $450 and buy myself an RPS.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Bahaha, the useless post was necessary. Your car is going to be so crazy by the time you get back, you won't even know what to do with yourself. I really hope you get some new tires so you won't lose miserably at the ice races. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts