ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
new to the fourms... Im 17 years old and I just bought a 02 WRX..platnum silver... but anyways I think its the sweetest car ever 'cuz I can smoke all my friends in there "riced out" eclipses and tibburons.. I LOVE MY CAR!!! but i get so mad when i see a 50 yr old mom drive the same car as mine UGHH!! i guess its just my pet peeve.. blah

tyler

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
No it dosnt piss me off . because i know no matter what car i drive their will always be old people somewhere driving it.. or young gay kids driving it and such.. just dont let it get to you. Have fun with the car and be safe.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Congrats on the car bro. Your young so I am guessing your parents helped? Please correct me if I am wrong. Just be safe with the car. Seriously!

When I was 17 of course I thought I knew everything. Well that's far from the truth. Just have fun, and keep the people your with, and the people around you safe, and you will always have my respect.

Get 'er done!

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
If only enthusiasts bought Subarus, they'd cost way more than they do. The WRX is obviously marketable to non-gearhead freaks like us. Think of that as a way to get our high-performance cars at such a reasonable price. ($22-24k for a WRX is a huge bargain for what you get, IMO)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
hello,
new to the fourms... Im 17 years old and I just bought a 02 WRX..platnum silver... but anyways I think its the sweetest car ever 'cuz I can smoke all my friends in there "riced out" eclipses and tibburons.. I LOVE MY CAR!!! but i get so mad when i see a 50 yr old mom drive the same car as mine UGHH!! i guess its just my pet peeve.. blah

tyler
I rarely see older people, ESPECIALLY women driving a wrx. almost everyone I see is usually male and within the age of 18-30

either way, I think you will find that much more enthusiests drive the car than older people, and if anything, it just gives the car more stealth appeal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
823 Posts
Re: Re: doesn't it piss you off

DTR rex said:
I rarely see older people, ESPECIALLY women driving a wrx. almost everyone I see is usually male and within the age of 18-30

either way, I think you will find that much more enthusiests drive the car than older people, and if anything, it just gives the car more stealth appeal.

I am suprized by how many old ladies I see drivng WRXes around portland. Might have something to do w/ the large # of Subarus per capita we seem to have.:cool:

T.J.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The cars i see older people drive are like the 2.5ts and wrxwagon ive seen older people driving a wrx sedan once and it was an older lady i asked her how she liked it and she was like oh i love it its soo smooth i thought to myself well aslong as she enjoying it..good luck with your car

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
hello,

tyler
How bout a 48yr old dad that will smoke your ass?

;)

Shotgun

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Get used to it. I see middle-aged ladies driving BMW M5's at 10mph lower than the posted speed limit on a daily basis in my area. What a waste of 400 hp.

The average person I see in a WRX is male, 20-35 years old. I've seen a couple of 50+ people driving them, but that's over a 2-year span of time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Get used to it. I see middle-aged ladies driving BMW M5's at 10mph lower than the posted speed limit on a daily basis in my area. What a waste of 400 hp.

The average person I see in a WRX is male, 20-35 years old. I've seen a couple of 50+ people driving them, but that's over a 2-year span of time.
it is kinda strange, middle-aged ladies driving m5, e55, v70r, and s4 wagons, cayenne turbo...i wonder if they what they got

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Subaru=grandmas car. Thats what I use to think growing up. Then when the 02 WRX came out, changed my mind. Little did I know that the race machines were being held back in Japan. Now we get something pretty close to that. But the grandmas still think that its for them. Hahaha! Now my grandma can take on ricers.;)

·
Registered
647 Posts
i saw an older man and his wife the other day drivig the same car as me (2004 silver wrx) and at first i was uhh, ubt then i realized its not a slow car so i dont care what people think about it if olde people drive it. and we both waved at eachother and held up traffic a little together haha so it was a fun time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are only about 3 WRX's here in town, and NO STi's. But out of the 3 WRX's, they are all driven by women, 2 of them are middle-aged women and one is a 20-25 year old looking girl.

Cant wait till I get my WRX so the ricers can finally race someone willing :D

·
48,699 Posts
k662 said:
There are only about 3 WRX's here in town, and NO STi's. But out of the 3 WRX's, they are all driven by women, 2 of them are middle-aged women and one is a 20-25 year old looking girl.

Cant wait till I get my WRX so the ricers can finally race someone willing :D
I was through Wilmington on business in my WRX a few weeks back! I didn't recall seeing any others, which I thought was strange, considering it's a college town. I did get revved on by a guy in a turbocharged Acura, though. I was just pumping gas at a station on 74, and this dude in an Integra whizzes by. He looked over, saw my car, and made a point to pop his blow-off at me a couple of times. Ahh, youth...:)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
There was a thread on "How old are you?" a while back. You'll be shocked to see how many of us old-coots are driving a WRX and ready for the light to change green!:p

·
48,699 Posts
WRXelent said:
There was a thread on "How old are you?" a while back. You'll be shocked to see how many of us old-coots are driving a WRX and ready for the light to change green!:p
How old is an "old-coot"? I may qualify...:)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Sedlmeier101 said:
hello,

tyler

tite im 17 too, i love this car too so fast! the bigger turbo helps too......you will start getting addicted to modding and slowly leaving your girlfriend for your car.....yeeeeeaaaa

·
Registered
677 Posts
I see a lot of soccer moms driving them around here. Mostly wagons and Legacy wagons.
My mom desperately wants my wagon but cant stand it being so noisy. She says it makes her feel younger driving it around because it's "sporty and cute". bah cute . . .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts