Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any upper or lower grille alternatives for WRX ???

Anyone know where to find this grille and lights assembly?

Or perhaps something similarly integrated for the lower grille assembly?

Retention of factory look is desired. With lights included , or at least with the pre-cut mounting points. :)

Or... chime in with any ideas or knowledge on the subject... & possible options.

Attachments

·
Æternum
15,466 Posts
EDIT: User was not the one responsible for repeating duplicate threads. Opening and bump!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many...

EDIT: User was not the one responsible for repeating duplicate threads. Opening and bump!
...thanks sir for exploring this and fixing it...

All is well in the world again. :)

Still looking for a Grille with driving lights folks...

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts

Yeah, I saw that when I logged on a couple days ago.. there were at least half a dozen threads with the same title posted within minutes of each other. We've had some weird technical issues happening lately.

Still looking for a Grille with driving lights folks...

Personally, I would put a better description in the thread title. No one's going to know what you're looking for without going in and reading the thread.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Okay.. I did a quick Google search, and the grill in the picture was custom made by a guy on IWSTI. Exterior My 2015 NBR Challenge STI replica fog and grille - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

It's a similar style to the NBR Challenge STi grill that Subaru put on their racecar. Certainly not something you can just buy (at least not without paying an arm and a leg). I see SubiSpeed makes/sells something similar.. but I cannot recommend doing business with them under any circumstances. You would be better off just making your own.. or maybe contact the guy who made the one in your picture and see if you can talk him into making one for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay.. I did a quick Google search, and the grill in the picture was custom made by a guy on IWSTI. Exterior My 2015 NBR Challenge STI replica fog and grille - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

It's a similar style to the NBR Challenge STi grill that Subaru put on their racecar. Certainly not something you can just buy (at least not without paying an arm and a leg). I see SubiSpeed makes/sells something similar.. but I cannot recommend doing business with them under any circumstances. You would be better off just making your own.. or maybe contact the guy who made the one in your picture and see if you can talk him into making one for you.
Many thanks for the info... :)

Personally, I would put a better description in the thread title. No one's going to know what you're looking for without going in and reading the thread.

Great advice... title changed...
:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
I kinda like this one & they have matching low, mid & scoop but expensive $$. You can find oem style grills for kinda cheap & I bet you can get a hole saw about the same size as some fogs. All you need then is a drill press & some good epoxy, maybe a bit of scrap plastic......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is...

I kinda like this one & they have matching low, mid & scoop but expensive $$. You can find oem style grills for kinda cheap & I bet you can get a hole saw about the same size as some fogs. All you need then is a drill press & some good epoxy, maybe a bit of scrap plastic......
...an attractice motivating factor to have a matching: upper grille, lower grille & scoop grille. Am OCD that way.

Am told the subject grille was made custom from an OE grille & am considering getting an OE JDM grille to modify.

It was done the way you're stating. It was cut with a hole saw with PVC pipe sections used for the mounting "brackets".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was...

The pvc mounting is brilliant, I didn't think of that.
...not my idea. A talented guy who goes by the IWSTI forum moniker of Einobaka came up with it. It is his STI in the photo (thanks go to MainFrame for hunting this down).

Link to the thread discussion on IWSTI supplied by MainFrame: Exterior My 2015 NBR Challenge STI replica fog and grille - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I find this sort of creativity to be clever, fascinating and incredibly helpful. Am getting a pal who has definite engineering skills involved and will be sourcing a model year 2018 JDM WRX grille for it.

We shall see how it turns out... Hopefully as nicely as the one featured in the thread above noted did. Factory OE look... no rust issues... lightweight (the grille itself)... and hopefully totally functional.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts