ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been raining here a lot. And I just noticed that moisture has been building up in the taillight. It's not inside were the bulbs are... Just top tip??? I guess either use warranty or put them overlays on.

It's sucks bc this is a brand new 12 wrx and already issues. From clicking clutch to moisture on the taillights. I only have 1200miles. Anyways, here's a pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336591508.502736.jpg

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I've seen this happen on a lot of tails and headlights, stock and aftermarket, new and old.

If you are under warranty, just take it straight to them and have them fix it/replace the light.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just sucks... I purchased a new car bc of issues I was getting on the previous car. I just expected a perfect car at least for a year. It's only been a week or so and already I have to use warranty. Thankfully it's just cosmetic but still its new.

I think I'm more annoyed at the fact that I have to go to the dealer wait wait and wait some more... Unfortunately time is valuable to me and it's a trip to go to the dealership. Sorry just venting.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
**** happens. I gotta take mine in because the rubber on the radio bezel is peeling.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I'd feel the exact same way as the OP.

However, life happens. Gotta take the shots as they come. Subaru will fix it :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
It is some bull**** here and there. But it happens. Not everything everywhere can be manufactured perfect, every time.

Be glad you didn't have a warranty issue like ****ting a piston out the rear or something. Then you'd really have a problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys lol... I feel like this is a support group at times.

I know that ish happens and I am thankful its nothing major. Just venting it all out. I'm sure I'll be back once I start hearing the infamous rattling. Not looking forward to it.

I still love this car. And I think I always will. 8)

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
That is a pile of crap. There should not be enough moisture in there to condense at any temperature or circulation pattern, and they should be sealed. Having Hadley Cells in your lights is BS.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had same problem with my hatch. Told dealer, they won't do anything that's why they have small holes in bottom for evaporation. If it bothers you get the tails tinted. I don't see that problem anymore.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's BS. In a way it's a relief that it's not a real issue... I don't know if that makes any sense but it is a relief. As soon as I got out of work, the sun was out and the moisture was gone. I guess it's ok if the moisture is only at the trim of the light and not inside in the middle.

I can't wait to get the overlays on.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I had a similar looking thing happen while washing my car last summer...though under close inspection it did not seem that the condensation was in the inside of the housing, but between the clear cover and the gray backing before the glue.

Even if they are 'sealed', they have an opening where you insert the light bulb. Now the light bulb socket should have an O ring to 'seal' the housing, but if you installed the bulbs in a very humid environment you could trap enough moisture in there to possibly condensate later.....and they were assembled on an island, not out in the desert.

Yes, I know it is annoying, but there are 'fixes' available.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I had a similar looking thing happen while washing my car last summer...though under close inspection it did not seem that the condensation was in the inside of the housing, but between the clear cover and the gray backing before the glue.

Even if they are 'sealed', they have an opening where you insert the light bulb. Now the light bulb socket should have an O ring to 'seal' the housing, but if you installed the bulbs in a very humid environment you could trap enough moisture in there to possibly condensate later.....and they were assembled on an island, not out in the desert.

Yes, I know it is annoying, but there are 'fixes' available.
I have not ever seen this happen in any of our cars which were all assembled there as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i noticed this when i washed my car too. the soap will get stuck in that area, but i just hose it down and it goes away. It looks like the plastic sticks out past where the rubber is sealing the lights.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts