ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
STi= same body panels and paint as a wrx besides hood scoop, sideskirts, and wing. So yes it can happen. I pesonally have only had 2 dents between my 2 imprezas over the last 2 and a half years. But pleanty of paint chips on the front.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think the key is to avoid traveling close to people on the highway. I know it is tough, but even avoiding busy highways can help. I'm lucky though because my STi isn't my daily driver, so I do have the luxury of choosing my routes.

Honestly, just make sure you wax the front and hood of your car often. Some of the worst damage comes from bug guts that are left on the paint too long. You want to clean those guts off ASAP (within a day or two) and if you have lots of wax on the front, they just wipe right off.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHOBOY said:
Blame that damn hacker!!! :mad:

Yea, like it was pointed out above. The link was about easily chipping paint and even denting panels. Like people polishing their car, pushing a little to hard, and ending up with a dent.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to agree with the paint chipping issues and the dents. The car doesn't stand up to either very well. Oh well, guess it'll just give me a reason to get a "nice" paint job in a few years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
complexx said:
Yeah, I'll have to agree with the paint chipping issues and the dents. The car doesn't stand up to either very well. Oh well, guess it'll just give me a reason to get a "nice" paint job in a few years.
Exactly what I was thinking as a ROCK from a dumptruck smacked my hood and bounced into my windshield this morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts