Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an 05 option of spoiler deletion, i'm getting closer and closer to getting an STi vs. an R32.

the deal closer for me would be to be able to put a less obtrusive, WRX spoiler on the car, vs. the STi one.

Anyone know if both spoilers fit cleanly, i.e. the mounting areas match up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want a flawless swap you need to swap trunklids with someone. The WRX spoiler WILL bolt up to the STi trunk, but leaves 8-10 holes behind. It's been raining here and my car is filthy, or I'd take a pic. Maybe if it stops tomorrow I'll wash it off and post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you ever seen the japennese a spec spoiler, it sorta looks like more of a whale tall spoiler than the NA WRX?

That one looks like it has the coverage to just cover up any extra holes.

STi spoiler just bugs me, it seems like it gets in the way too much, and i'm in and out of my trunk all the time , so I'd have concerns about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I test drove an R32 for fun and I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong I like the car and can live with it, however the STI is far superior in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they are def. two different cars, that IMO don't compete on the same level.

the only real equatable car to an STi right now is the EVO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
IMO the STi just doesn't look right with the stock WRX spoiler. I'd say get something else... if you have 1300 laying around go for the STi cf wing..

·
Registered
223 Posts
jay2theb said:
IMO the STi just doesn't look right with the stock WRX spoiler. I'd say get something else... if you have 1300 laying around go for the STi cf wing..
you mean that fast and furious looking one that sits up high with the aluminum pillars like all the riced out Hondas around here have??:confused1

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts