ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
very little. You probably won't notice a difference. Same goes with any catback or axelback exhaust just by itself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a downpipe and gutted uppipe so i would assume a catback would do something and im wondering if the sti is worth it because isnt the piping bigger and the muffler less restrictive?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the sti stock tbe worth throwing on a 02 wrx? It's too late, I ordered one anyway, but since it has dp too, is it going to be worth it for $200?

Also, where can we find out if it's a wider pipe?

thanks

Sour

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
if you got a STI turboback for 200$ youre one lucky SOB!

im pretty sure the STI piping is bigger though. just not positive and dont know where to look. maybe from a STI retailer?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I just scored an 05 STi exhaust for my WRX for 200 (shipped) from what I gather I think it's a fine idea for getting a tiny bump in hp and sound for well less then one would usually pay for a catback with dead stock fitments.

Plus I hear the 05's have a painted (black) back of can so it should look a little less tubby.

Also from what I gather it's a little more straight through then the stock can. At least one guy claimed he could shine a flash light through it.

My hope is that it compliments the catless bosal dp nicely. :D (keeping the 3rd cat for the time being).

Cobb stage 2 here I come!

-tp
ps: my shipped price also includes the center pipe as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts