ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, we've beaten the gas mileage topic down many times.
but i'd like to know, do our cars get much worse mileage when the temperature goes up? and how bad our mileage get effected by a/c?

S

·
0 Posts
express_wagon said:
okay, we've beaten the gas mileage topic down many times.
but i'd like to know, do our cars get much worse mileage when the temperature goes up? and how bad our mileage get effected by a/c?
erm. my gas mileage sucks no matter what because i drive like a mad man. :D :cool: :thumbup:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I would have expected my mileage to decline in the summer, but it really stays about the same. I'll have to review my records sometime, to see if there's a trend...

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you were worried about mileage, you should have bought a Toyota Previa :)

Just drive it and enjoy it....

But.. FWIW.. I have not noticed much of a difference in mileage, but hot weather does rob large amounts of power from turbo'd motors.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Heard using the AC when under 35 MPH eats up gas - don't know if this is true, but I do feel a drop in power when under 35. Over 35 and I can't tell the difference.

I'm getting at least 22 MPG with 90 city driving. I got as high as 27 MPG with lots of highway driving

·
48,699 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
If you were worried about mileage, you should have bought a Toyota Previa :)
Toyota Prius, maybe?:)
(Previa was a minivan...)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Depending on your speed, it's kind of a wash. If it's hot out, and you're not using your A/C chances are you have your windows open, which affects the aerodynamics of your car. Which is prolly what wonny had heard...

My a/c sucks. The compressor keeps shutting off. Hmmmm, maybe I'd better spend more time out of WOT!!! :wiggles:

Viggy

·
Registered
717 Posts
My gas mileage goes way up in the summer! Must be that crappy winter blend gas b/c come Oct/Nov I cant get 240 miles to the tank...now I get that and still have 1/4 left!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I run with and without the AC (Florida oven-haven) and I drive the P|ZZ out of my car, all city driving, and get 18-20 MPG. If I make some runs to O-land, I get it as high as 26 MPG.

·
48,699 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
haha... ToyOwn3d :p Yeah, that's what I meant..... but I will claim it was brain fade. :)
Fair enough...:wiggles:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here in AZ where its around 110 lately I've noticed my gas milage sucks. I drive with the a/c on most of the time so that might have alittle to do with it.

·
48,699 Posts
Underscore002 said:
My Mom's old 95 Toyota Previa got about 20mpg, thats with the supercharger. :p
Are you saying that its mileage was good or bad? The Prius gets (an EPA rated) 60mpg.

I was always fascinated with those supercharged 2.4's that they put in the Previa's.

·
Registered
187 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Are you saying that its mileage was good or bad? The Prius gets (an EPA rated) 60mpg.

I was always fascinated with those supercharged 2.4's that they put in the Previa's.
Definately not :), My rex gets about 20 in the city and I just got 25.7 last week (mostly hwy). Plus its MUCH faster and it looks a hell of a lot better too :cool:.

I really hated the way it looked but other than that it was built like a Toyota.

-Joe

·
48,699 Posts
Underscore002 said:
I really hated the way it looked but other than that it was built like a Toyota.
Yeah, those guys build great cars. (bland, but great)

·
48,699 Posts
Actually, now that you mention it, our Toyota Sienna (210hp V6) gets around 20 mpg. The wife drives it daily, which might explain the mileage...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts