Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pleas can someone help me im getting ready to buy a bov and was wondering how and where to install it i was either gonna purchase the greddy, hks, or the blitz does anyone have any experience with any of teh bov's and could point me in the right direction to which one to purchase and how and where to install???????????? :confused: :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you can get turboxs stuff from carparts.com and they should run around $100 right? there's a $30 off $100 coupon at importhookup.com just in case you guys are interested :) Do they sell turbo timers and boost controllers? I'm not very fimiliar with turboxs...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm very keen to install a BOV, simply for the "ffffftttttssssshhhhh" factor! :)

But is this a warranty voiding mod??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt it will void the warranty, if your dealer even thinks about voiding your warranty then you should just look at them weirdly and tell them you hope they're kidding because a BOV does no harm to the car. I like hte Pshhhhhhh sound and it will sure make some heads turn but think about it before you install one because EVERYTIME you shift you'll hear that sound :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by p7r4e7y:
i thought about those but i would suggest getting one with recirc like the stratos, a turbo xs, or a go fast bits.
how do they work and what is better about a bypass than a blow off one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just finished one today(Blitz) It required us to make a special flange for it to fit on the IC. I plan on making several of these flanges for future use.

Kevin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey wrx'r...I just installed my TurboXS Type H and I love it. Nice piece of hardware, very well built and very easy to install. You will need to purchase the Type H valve and the adapter flange, it will take about 15 to 20 minutes to install with just a 12mm socket and a pair of plyers. Sounds really cool and it is loud.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh i said turbo xs had a recirc bov, they do but dont recomend it for the wrx.

i dont know why :confused:

but the type h they sent me works well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so the turbo xs sounds good that was my second choice behind blitz but the turbo xs is loud right damn i luv that sound and how does it lool on the car it looks weird in magazines. could you post some pics of the turb xs
thanks
lata
chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah its loud my friend could hear it over the phone, he said he heard it good.

i wrote a how to for the turbo xs bov in tutorials

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: p7r4e7y ]

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the GFB BOV in less than a half hour, and i like it. It doesnt give off a whistling sound as some of the Honda and DSM BOV's make, but it is a very pronounced spray (Pshhhhh) of air, and quite loud. But not loud enough to attract attention from a mile away. Genuine bolt-on, except for a little bump you have to file or sand down on the stock piece that attaches to the BOV return hose to the turbo. Good quality.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: Byrner13 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey RallyBlue, will you post the exact parts that you needed for your BOV, the part numbers if possible, and where you purchased? Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks god,

appreciate your help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts