ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2016 WRX premium edition. He has hit a few potholes here are there since the roads in this area of PA are bad and he wasn't able to avoid them. I kept telling him to slow down a bit in areas where the roads don't look good. Anyway one day he was driving home and said his car was making a bumping noise when applying brakes to stop and the rear end seemed to be shifting from left to right. Lifted up the car and sure enough the trailing arm broke.Ordered a new one. It doesn't seem to hard to replace having 2 bolts and bushings. Has anyone replaced one before? Is it harder than I think? Anyone know the torque settings?

Pictures below.

Broken one where the yellow arrow is.

Good one on passenger side.

·
10,106 Posts
If you are comfortable working on vehicles it should be pretty easy of you have the tools on hand, and possibly a hammer of sizeable heft to beat any stuck pins out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced it. Wasn't hard. Had the rear of the car on jackstands.Removed the two bolts from the old one. Placed the bolts through the new one and tightened up. Replaced wheel. Road tested. All is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts