Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys,

I started this forum a while back but it seems like no one's really using it. Just when I got my car I thought rallying would be something new for me but I ended up sticking with AutoXing.

If anyone in southern California actually participates in any Rallying events and would not mind taking me for a ride let me know :D

G

·
Can't say I've done anything offroad at all but I've only had my car for a few weeks now. It's just to pretty to go get muddy :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
You guys should check out your local regional SCCA chapter for Rally Cross in your area. Its just like an AutoCross except it is in the dirt/mud. They are lots of fun and very low risk to you or your car, just like AutoX. No rallying experience required, just a helmet (that you can borrow at the rallyx), and a car wash afterwards! :)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much are these RallyX events? I usually go to the autoX practice events that gets me around 10 runs for $50 or so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Around here it is $30 per rallyX for SCCA members, $50 for non members. Race fees can vary a little bit though. SCCA Membership is $25 for ages 16-25, so might as well get the membership.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My REX is only a two weeks old and I have already put it to the dirt test and then some and I will say this, you have not had fun nor used your WRX to its fullest until you take it to the dirt! whatta blast! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts