Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mad:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmm ....... *edit* from love to like / respect / admire

from my experience, they're a total jerk
not there when u need it the most, but always be there for you when u don't need em
they just plain idiot, i lost my $4000 audio system ....... and what can they do?
"Oh, please contact ur insurance company and i will do NOTHING?"

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't have any problems with Cops. I have only 3 tickets in my 17 or so years of driving.. and I deserved each one of them... One when I was 15 (no license, duh), one for running a red and one for speeding (which was the only one I might not have really deserved, but I was 71 in a 55 so...). I didn't smart off, I treated them with courtesy and respect.. OK, maybe the word is FEAR... and I they treated me the same (courtesy and respect, not fear). They have a job to do, that's all.

I've called to police several times for things going on.... I've caught a shoplifter... (running out of Walmart with a VCR, I followed the 'get away car' to get he license number.. they caught him a few blocks away. I've called them to my nieghborhood several times... they have showed up very quickly.. under 2 minutes... I have caught 2 hit and run drivers (separate wrecks), 4 kids trying to steal the wheels off my nieghbors car, and caught a guy trying to break into my truck. Or rather, I called the cops and they caught them... One of the hit and run drivers and the guy trying to break in my truck were carrying weapons, which is why I let the cops handle it :)

I guess I just don't have any problems with them... maybe I'm lucky... or maybe I just pay attention and don't 'cop' an attitude with cops. :)

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
chobits said:
mmm ....... *edit* from love to like / respect / admire

from my experience, they're a total jerk
not there when u need it the most, but always be there for you when u don't need em
they just plain idiot, i lost my $4000 audio system ....... and what can they do?
"Oh, please contact ur insurance company and i will do NOTHING?"
Uh, what could they do, NOTHING!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Been pulled over 2 times, with in a 1 minute period. First because I was pulling out of a car dealership past business hours, and the cop thought I was stealing a car. Then, 30 seconds later, I was pulled over again by a totally different cop for not having my headlights on.
Cop #1 = Arrogant ******* who deserves to beaten with a spork
Cop #2 = Needs an award for being a damn good cop, being friendly, and letting me go without a ticket or warning!

My overall view? Cops are OK as long as they're not anywhere near me! Go bust some ricers or something!

·
1,379 Posts
Cops are just like everyone else: some nice guys, some jerks. I've met both. So, I try not to generalize.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have immense respect for them, that has to be one of the most stressful jobs on the planet. Almost every encounter I have had with a cop has been very good..I always treat them with respect and address them as sir and be completely honest..this has gotten me out of almost every ticket I have ever been pulled over for.

Sure there are a-hole cops and I once got a ticket for going 42mph in a 40 zone from one...but thats in 28 years of driving, and there are a-holes in every profession. Way more positive experiences than negative for me. My hat goes off to all those that make our lives safer, help us out when we are in trouble or in danger...hell of a tough job.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i had to serve 3 cops last night, 1 girl deputy and 3 others, all seminole county cops. nice people, tipped well considering they get their food half off. so those 3 are ok in my book

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Cops are like anyone else- they just want respect- try this: cater to their ego and they will treat you like a human being-you just have to get though "the wall".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Johnny-law

I got a reckless last month. It was my fault. Mustang pulled up next to me, Revved, His passenger (a *******) taunted me with some idiot phrase like "you dont want to F*** with American Muscle" and then proceded to spit tobacco near (but not on) my wheel. I of course got mad, Revved to 6,000, dropped the clutch, and left him behind. Seconds later - bluelights. Busted.

Cop was really cool though. He did give me the reckless ticket, and a tint ticket, but didn't charge me w/ street racing, which in VA is the worst. Jail time and they can even take your car.

Worst of it is the Mustang got away scott free.

Now I'm on probation for a year. Guess It'll be like driving Miss-Daisy.

Overall opinion though, cops are OK, tough job, and they deserve respect. I just wish they wouldn't do lame stuff like setting up hidden speed traps with instant-on lasar. That just isn't fair.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cops are cool with me. Unless you act stupid or childish, you won't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
779 Posts
For me, it really depends on each individual cop. Getting pulled over is never pleasant and it is very possible that we might interpret things a lot differently than if we were in a different situation. Example, he might ask in a neutral tone, "Where are you coming from?" And because you're upset that you got pulled over you think, "This bastard thinks I am just coming from robbing some liquor store or something."

It depends on the cop.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Kira,
As a woman, do you find that it's easier to get out of tickets than the men you know? I know the classic ways for a woman to get out of it, like showing some leg, flirting or crying, but asuming you're above that, do they go easy on you b/c of gender?
Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
***biGRed*** said:
hate cops when i'm driving, but like them when i need them.

are they really there when u need em?
maybe when they're here ...... everything is too late

it's true that it depends on the cops itself, some good and some bad.
If i drive like shi!, it's okay .... i admit it, please give me ticket for my reckless driving (if possible don't give me one)
what if they act like they're right and know everything and treat you like sh*t
mostly i meet bad cops

·
Registered
779 Posts
jedimaster said:
Kira,
As a woman, do you find that it's easier to get out of tickets than the men you know? I know the classic ways for a woman to get out of it, like showing some leg, flirting or crying, but asuming you're above that, do they go easy on you b/c of gender?
Jim
I am not sure how different it is for men or women to get out of tickets. I don't flirt because I feel ridiculously stupid doing that (I am not good at it, I guess). But I everytime I've been pulled over, I've gotten a ticket so I think that a lot of times it doesn't really matter. If your a hot chick and you catch a cop at a bad time, no amount of good looks or charming will get you out of it. At least that's been my experience, most cops make up their mind about whether they are going to bust you or not, long before they even make it to your door and ask you for your info.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts