Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill admit parts of the movie were a little lame, and the thing was HORRIBLY edited! but do you guys really hate that movie? do you guys at least like the cars in it? i will say i like gone in 60 seconds more. the new one that is. (Eleanor is hot.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think alot of the animosity towards f&tf comes from the resulting surge in the "rice" phenomena. It tends to make the import arena look bad. Yes the cars, "what they were supposed to be" i.e. rs/gs/eclispe supposed to be a gsx, were nice. The supra is a nice example of a show car. Doesn't really suit my personal taste, but it's cool.

As far as gone in 60...
slsuby:rolleyes: ;)

eleanor is a beauty. there is a nice gt500 at my friends apartment complex. amazing that someone is cruising around in a 30-50k car, but still pays rent. anyway...

nice cars in both, gone in 60 is more to my liking though. :)

·
1,379 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad... I liked it better than Gone in 60, personally. Gi60s could have been such a better movie if they had used the money they dropped on paying Nicholas Cage and spent it on driving scenes instead. Instead we get two fast driving scenes: the Porsche and the big scene at the end. The rest was just nice cars rolling slowly. Yawn. Yeah, the end scene was nice, and that's good, b/c it's the only thing that even remotely makes the movie worth watching.

My only real beef with TFAF is the lame dialogue and some goofy technical inaccuracies. But taken by itself, hey, it's a car movie, we can forgive some bad dialogue and a simple plot as long as it's got lots of go-scenes, which it does. Lots of people don't like the style of the cars, and that's understandable, but it's true to the ideals of the import scene it's supposed to represent, right?

Granted, it had a bad effect on the auto enthusiast scene. Kids are tacking APC stuff on their cars like crazy, and now the drag benchmark is 10 seconds, anything that can't pull in the 10s is crap. :rolleyes: But I think any of that should be held against the movie- if you want to be fair, you have to evaluate a film independant of audience reaction. In this case, the reaction was to do dumb things with cars. That's not the film's fault, it's the kids' fault.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good car movie. I think a lot of people don't like it just because it got too popular, like what happened with Titanic. But of course, that's JIMO.

AXJ

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
It doesn't matter if you spray 50 or 75, as long as you said it like we do....[fill in the blank]

·
Registered
907 Posts
are you kidding?! the cars are the reason most people hate it...that and the ridiculous dialogue. From a film school standpoint, the underlying subtext and plot is parallel to Keanu Reave's Point blank. ...funny how both movies chose similar actors to make both movies look jacked up.

Personally i saw it in the theaters because it was the only import movie ever made...and bought the DVD because Vin Diesel was half the movie.

my $000,000,000,000,000.02

-Jae-

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Jtek said:
and bought the DVD because Vin Diesel was half the movie.
You tellin' us something? ;) :p

·
Registered
907 Posts
why is it when a person says "so and so" is half of the movie...? Ah Phuck it!

:p <---Trailboss! (also giving you the finger)

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I first saw it, Ill admit I was impressed. OK I said it. But that was before I watched it more closely and started to see tons of little flaws popping up left and right. It has completely flip flopped the racing sub-culture from that of subdued and pretty much left alone (moreso than now atleast) by the oinkers to one that is fully out in the open flaunting the apc banners proud. I want to go back a few years and shoot the producer before it starts. But I cant do that so Im done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts