ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya just want to know, cause i use to buy alot, such as hids, sti cf spoiler,greedy lip and some other non car stuff. maybe i was lucky, i only pay around $200US for each on the above items(shipped), and yes they are brand new in the box.
1 time my friend even bought a set(4 rims) of brand new 18 subzero for 400US shipped. i was so pissed i didnt see that.
so far my experice on ebay was good, plz share your experices

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
I have had great luck.
My theory is this. I must know more about the product than the seller, and I will buy it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It all comes down to seller feedback. I don't buy from someone with a very low number, or with feedback less than 95% or so. If a bunch of people have been pleased with his transactions in the past, then I figure I will be satisfied as well.

Also, I carefully research anything that I'm buying, so I can spot a cheap fake. I've had very good luck in general with eBay.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that of cause, always no what you buying. I figure patient is the key and those biding software is a must. luck is good too. i once bought the McCullouch, where some guy out bid me(my max was 220) but he back off. so the seller email me and wa la i see light. Very good deal on that one

·
Registered
148 Posts
One time I sold a paintball gun on ebay. The gun, with all its gear, went for $740.00 or so. The buyer requested Cash on Delivery, so my parents set it up at the post office for the package to ONLY be handed to the guy in person AFTER he gave the deliverer a CERTIFIED check or money order. Well the story goes the deliverer just took a personal check from the guy and the guy cancelled the check before it got to me. We have tried numerous methods to get the money back and have all failed. Havent seen a penny of that 740 dollars. Havent used ebay since then either.

BTW - the buyer had all positive feedback (only like 5 or so) and the post office did have a SIGNED agreement with us that they would only take Money Orders or Certified Checks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that % thing, i let my gf decide, cause she is expert on shopping(which girl doesnt). while me, i will fall for it once fall in love with the item.
Overall i think ebaying is a fun experience(seeing out bid then over bid him the last 60sec)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definitely cash first before item deliver, and is common on ebay. you must be new to ebay back then, you do know internet have all kinds of ppl.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
i got my EBC for $100 less than next best retail. it was a no brainer.

(brand new in box, still shrink wrapped)

directions were in japanese, but i know that, and just D-loaded them from the web in Ingrish.

dR

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I've had great experience on Ebay. You just need to know more about the product then the seller, do your research, and read and watch feedback closely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had nothing but good luck with the car parts I bought on ebay. Like others have said, just have to know what you are buying and choose to buy from sellers with a good feedback rating.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
DINO said:
looks like we all are good ebayers. there might be chance we out bid each other haha
Lesson #2. Never get in a bidding war. You end up paying to much. Wait for another item to come up.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Trainrex said:
Lesson #2. Never get in a bidding war. You end up paying to much. Wait for another item to come up.
So true. One of my first auctions I got all gung-ho and my male instinct to not get beaten started to take hold. The auction went $250 over my intended limit before I backed off ($750 for a set of wheels).

My pride was hurt, but I was happy 2 weeks later when I got the same set of wheels for less than I originally planned. :D

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
DINO said:
that of cause, always no what you buying. I figure patient is the key and those biding software is a must. luck is good too. i once bought the McCullouch, where some guy out bid me(my max was 220) but he back off. so the seller email me and wa la i see light. Very good deal on that one
ENGLISH?!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
u dont need a biding war, u just need the last sec bidding software. they bid with your wise amount in the last 5sec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts