ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't folllow my own advice on getting an alignment ASAP after suspension work. I knew I needed to get my wagon in for alignment, but postponed it until after a 600 mile trip. I could tell from driving it that the toe was out of whack, but would have to wait till I got it back home.

Well the toe was very well out of whack, but got everything aligned to where I wanted it.

Took a trip this weekend, got out on the interstate- as soon as I hit 75-80mph I had a bad vibration. I had seen my tires and no doubt the bad toe took some toll on my tires.

The Hunter 9700 road force balancer to the rescue! I've always wanted ot get my tires balance on one of these machines, but we only have a couple in the whole state ( I believe they run in the $15,000 range). They actually put a load on the wheel/tire- just like going down the road.

The machine is simply amazing. It allows optimum tire location in relationship to the rim by measuring runout. It has computer balancing input- taking all guess work on how much and where to put weights.

A couple of my tires were definitely out of round- they turned them on the rim to get them to the best spot and then rebalanced them.

Bottom line- no more vibration. For $40 I got rid of the vibration and more importantly will be able to finish out the season w/ these tires.

If you've had a problematic vibration you can't get rid of- try one of these machines.

http://209.176.154.132/

Big Sky

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thats awesome. Im pretty sure thats what Disount Tire uses. I had the option of having that done, but then I was just happy to keep the bill under 1200. Looking back I should have had it done as I have a small vibe from 65-80, on and off too.

Gotta find one in virginia.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the little bit extra in $ vs "regular" balancing- well worth the cost IMO.

Hunter also has a very neat digital image alignment setup- pretty slick as well.

Big Sky

·
Registered
569 Posts
Big Sky WRX said:
For the little bit extra in $ vs "regular" balancing- well worth the cost IMO.

Hunter also has a very neat digital image alignment setup- pretty slick as well.

Big Sky
If only it werent for you living in Montana :eek3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts